DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well ....can't fly here anymore :(

Mr.Rogers3825

Reactions
Park I always fly at, right across the street from my house.

c817ebe842e2c74c131e29c888bb2c5d.jpg

Find out what they mean by Special Permit. You might be able to buy it. Also if you get yourself a part 107 they might be more willing to give you special permission.

Sec. 78-78. - Areas designated for specific activities.
The department director or designee shall have the authority to designate areas in parks, recreational facilities, and department managed lands for specific activities, and to prohibit other activities within the designated area. The department director or designee is authorized to post designated areas when in his/her discretion such posting is appropriate.

Administrative Office
2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
Bldg B
Viera, Florida 32940
(321) 633-2046

Last edited:
Yea I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

I know it all started from a RC plane spooking a horse with a rider. I believe he/she fell and started complaining, snowball effect im sure.

Reactions: austindave
Yeah that's unfortunately becoming more and more common, I went about a month ago to get the sunset over one of the more beautiful lakes here which happens to be gated and was told that some of the residents that live waterfront do not like drones so they are outright banning drones completely. Can't really argue w/ security, I mean you can but you're gonna lose even if you're in the right 9 times out of 10 and it's not worth the effort.

^^^^^ What He/She said. While they can prevent take-off and landing in the park they cannot prevent flyovers unless the FAA creates a no fly zone.

Reactions: crispy
Just take off and land from outside the park, or in your case, from your own yard. You can fly over the parks that way.

Agreed, only about a mile from my house. Still was a nice open area where I could try low level stuff and not worry about hitting anything or anyone. Shame either way.

So if you take off/land from your hand is that technically illegal in state parks?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S