DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well these birds were not too pleased. Got lucky on this flight.

DoingOK

Reactions
So I went out to the park to test out the MP after the upgrade. I guess a small flock of birds didn't like me hanging around and started swarming and diving around the drone. I forgot to enable Multiple Flight modes after the update and couldn't go into Sport mode to book on out of there. I just slowly headed back.

Scary! I've also had a pretty sketchy experience with some seagulls. Not sure what's the best practice here

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm not even sure where they came from......I was like, okay lets just venture back slowly ;-)

I haven't had to do it yet but I hear the best practice is to climb straight up in sport mode as birds can't climb fast straight up.

That makes sense. Unfortunately, when I updated the firmware, the Sport Mode wasn't available since it went back to default. I had to re-enable Multi Flight mode after I landed.

Reactions: Fonejacker
Haha yeah I had pigeons doing the same thing here in Kansas when I was trying to do a circle strafe around the city water tower. Grumpy birds!

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Ya, to the birds you are a potential nest-robbing hawk.
Icarus, Be careful climbing fast straight up.:)

Reactions: SussexBedouin
So I went out to the park to test out the MP after the upgrade. I guess a small flock of birds didn't like me hanging around and started swarming and diving around the drone. I forgot to enable Multiple Flight modes after the update and couldn't go into Sport mode to book on out of there. I just slowly headed back.

Nonetheless that's a good video. Decent shot.

Scary but you got a cool video and you didn't damage your drone. My guess is that they were nesting somewhere in the area near you...

That makes sense. Unfortunately, when I updated the firmware, the Sport Mode wasn't available since it went back to default. I had to re-enable Multi Flight mode after I landed.

Identical situation but with seagulls! I flicked to sport and nothing happened. And then it dawned on me

Whenever I fly out of my garden the local pigeons seem to fly round and round..... maybe this is a pre curser to an attack !!

They squawk like mad, I don't know if they would attack it but if they did I don't think they'll survive. Nor would the mavic either but it would most certainly take 1 out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka