DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West Coast first flight - Tug Chasing

IslandSpark

Reactions

Finallly got my new Mavic Pro after three months waiting and caught a gorgeous winter day for my first flight with it! Found a tug boat to chase and while the music is garbage i think the vid is pretty okay. Let me know what you think!

That's pretty good for your first video with the Mavic. Were you actually on the tug?

Thanks, I was flying from land ~700M away, the guys on the tug looked to be taking photos of the sunset and then spotted my mavic and started shooting it.

Thanks, I was flying from land ~700M away, the guys on the tug looked to be taking photos of the sunset and then spotted my mavic and started shooting it.
I could see them, and thought maybe it was you. Were you flying right around where the ferry comes in? I would think it could get a little exciting with the float plane traffic around there!

I could see them, and thought maybe it was you. Were you flying right around where the ferry comes in? I would think it could get a little exciting with the float plane traffic around there!

Yea it gets busy at certain times of day, posted a NOTAM to the aerodrome operators and have a standing SFOC for the area ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Bull

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143