DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West Maui, Hawaii coast

nice vid, it seems your a little bit afraid to fly over the waters at first but then eventually at the latter part of the video, its mostly above waters.. cheers! Thumbswayup;)

nice vid, it seems your a little bit afraid to fly over the waters at first but then eventually at the latter part of the video, its mostly above waters.. cheers! Thumbswayup;)

Thank you! Yeah almost lost it over the water a few times due to high winds! Was full throttle back to shore but the wind was still blowing it further away. Flipped it to sport mode, descended a bit, and was able to overcome the wind!

Love the video. Awesome shots. Mind if I ask what Mavic settings you were using on the Cam?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Thank you very much! If I remember correctly everything except the very first shot is d-cinelike. Some -1-1-1 some 000. I noticed some of the 'watercolor' effect kicking in on -1-1-1 so that's why I switched to 000.

Reactions: TJT

Some video from our recent trip to Maui! Had a blast flying even though I had some very scary moments due to high winds. Thanks to this board though I knew what to do! Hope you enjoy the video!
Wow! Amazing footage! Can't wait to get my craft.

Thank you very much! If I remember correctly everything except the very first shot is d-cinelike. Some -1-1-1 some 000. I noticed some of the 'watercolor' effect kicking in on -1-1-1 so that's why I switched to 000.

I love your work and have driven that road too. Please what do you mean by 1-1-1 and 000 (?) and also did you use (which filters)?

#brilliant. Thanks :))

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I love your work and have driven that road too. Please what do you mean by 1-1-1 and 000 (?) and also did you use (which filters)?

#brilliant. Thanks :))

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thank you very much! It's my favorite drive on the island! I'm always surprised it doesn't get the attention that the road to Hana does.

The settings I mentioned refer to the sharpness, contrast, & saturation settings available in the custom camera settings. I used the taco-rc multi coated nd filters. I believe it was the 8 or 16. I should also mention I used the "Sedona" lut available here in the free lut section:
LUTs Color Grading Pack by IWLTBAP

Heading to Maui next month....any tips or advice on flying around the island? Did you get any lip from anyone? I have to think I'll run into another flyer at some point.

Fantastic video! And same question as above. 7 days in Maui in June and wanted to know if you had any issues with flying it anywhere. I would really like to get some flights around Black Rock, but I am not sure that it is allowed. Also, any flying tips would be welcomed as I only have two hours on my Mavic and have never taken it over water.

Fantastic video! And same question as above. 7 days in Maui in June and wanted to know if you had any issues with flying it anywhere. I would really like to get some flights around Black Rock, but I am not sure that it is allowed. Also, any flying tips would be welcomed as I only have two hours on my Mavic and have never taken it over water.
The water is another thing making me nervous..lol.

Heading to Maui next month....any tips or advice on flying around the island? Did you get any lip from anyone? I have to think I'll run into another flyer at some point.

Thank you very much! Hope you both have a great trip! I did not have any issues with flying in Maui. But I did fly almost exclusively up in the northwest part of the island that is very sparsely populated. The biggest issue to be aware of is the number airports on the island. Between Kahului, Kapaluai, and Hana airports a good chunk of the island is within 5 miles of an airport. That being said I saw several drones flying around Kaanapali beach area.

As far as any tips are concerned, be prepared for windy conditions and be ready to go into sport mode if the wind becomes too much for it to handle. I didn't do anything special when flying over water but was never flying low enough for it to really matter. Finally just read up on this forum a lot for lots of good information! Happy flying!

Thank you very much! Hope you both have a great trip! I did not have any issues with flying in Maui. But I did fly almost exclusively up in the northwest part of the island that is very sparsely populated. The biggest issue to be aware of is the number airports on the island. Between Kahului, Kapaluai, and Hana airports a good chunk of the island is within 5 miles of an airport. That being said I saw several drones flying around Kaanapali beach area.

As far as any tips are concerned, be prepared for windy conditions and be ready to go into sport mode if the wind becomes too much for it to handle. I didn't do anything special when flying over water but was never flying low enough for it to really matter. Finally just read up on this forum a lot for lots of good information! Happy flying!

Thank you very much Ddperdue. The advice is very appreciated :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost