DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are airport and airplane regulations regarding Mavic batteries

Jimmie Hanson

Reactions
Does anyone know the procedure to get your batteries on the airplane? Either with carry on or luggage.
Any special rules or regulations. Thanks

They must be packed in your carry-on bag. The FAA also requires the terminals to be covered with something. See more details here.

I just came back from a 3 flight connection back and forth (+2 flight interisland) with different airline and security. I had in My back pack the following: 1 Mavic, 3x mavic battery, 1 osmo mobile, 1 osmo mobile battery, 3x note 4 battery, note 4, 1 Dell Xps, 2 sony BX1 battery.... They all let me take those in my backpack carry on. I even asked them, they said not a problem... no terminal covered, but was well oriented in their pocket with any loose metallic item with them...

I just flew down to Jamaica with my entire Fly More rig in its bag inside my backpack (carry on), and nobody said a thing. My spare batteries are uncovered, but separate in the mesh side pouches.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

They must be packed in your carry-on bag. The FAA also requires the terminals to be covered with something. See more details here.
Anything particular I need know if travelling with brand new (still in original packaging) batteries ? Can I just put the in the checked in luggage ?

Can I just put the in the checked in luggage ?
You should put them in your carry-on bag. Since they are in the box, there is no need to cover the terminals.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair