DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What causes Gimbal roll adjustments?

Spanishcop

Reactions
So can someone elaborate on the following.........

1) What is your Gimbal Roll Adjusted to?
2) What causes Gimbal Roll to need re-adjusted?

Ok so I really never noticed my Gimbal having any issues. Mine was set at -0.1 from factory and had never been touched or adjusted. I never noticed any issues with Horizon or camera leveling before.

I upgraded from 0400 firmware to 0600 firmware and while recording the other day some scenery and I noticed my horizon was not level. Sure enough I checked level on my house floor and entertainment shelving to see if it was well balanced and it is balanced. I placed my drone on the floor aiming toward the shelving so I could get a view of the alignment and it was just a little off.

I did the IMU calibration, Compass Calibration and Gimball Calibration just to make sure.

While making adjustments, I notice for perfect level... Gimbal Roll needed to be set at -0.4 to be properly leveled.
I downgraded back to 0400 firmware thinking the 0600 firmware was screwing something up on my Gimbal settings.

When I went back to 0400 I'm still having this issue. Any idea what may be causing this issue? Why did I have to change it from factory setting of -0.1 to -0.4? Is it normal to have to make adjustments to Gimbal?

Yes, noticed a slight tilted level to my horizon on .600... it got worse when my mavic was hit by a bird..

I downgraded to .550 and the tilt is still there even after calibration..
I think its something we just have to live with by roll adjustment..

gonna do mine later today..

I hope 600 didn't screw something permanently on gimbal. Never really noticed this issue until I went to 0600. Would really like to hear from others.

If t is normal I guess next question is... Stay on 0400 or go back to 0600. The only issue I noticed was this gimbal issue which I can't change back to 0.0 or -0.1 as came from factory.

I had to adjust gimbal roll after launching from an uneven surface.

OK this is extremely odd and I can't figure out. Since I posted this comment earlier I took snap shot with gimbal setting when I went back to 0400 firmware.
35be5f5b1b54eb02b689cf34ca95e3e5.jpg

Sooo.... I decided to go back to 0600 firmware again. Keep in mind 0600 firmware had this exact problem which I though originated from it. Well I re-calibrated IMU, Compass and Gimbal. I also set gimball to 0.0 before going back to 0600.

Now I have on 0600 the gimbal at 0.0 and it's level.
489dcb7f78e301f0f6a06755c926feb7.jpg

One thing I do notice that I had when upgrading first time to 0600 and when I went back to 0400 was that my firmware was hanging sometimes and I had to shut down DJI Assistant 2.0 and Mavic. I then realized there is an update to Assistant 2.0 that u was not aware of. I updated assistant to the latest version... 1.1.0-2.

When I updated back to 0600 this last time my firmware installed 0600 perfectly on Mavic and RC with no hang ups and my gimbal was perfectly level.

Just wanted to share. My issue is resolved for now.... I'm wondering if those experiencing issues had hang ups with firmware updates.

Mike

Last edited:
So can someone elaborate on the following.........

1) What is your Gimbal Roll Adjusted to?
2) What causes Gimbal Roll to need re-adjusted?

Ok so I really never noticed my Gimbal having any issues. Mine was set at -0.1 from factory and had never been touched or adjusted. I never noticed any issues with Horizon or camera leveling before.

I upgraded from 0400 firmware to 0600 firmware and while recording the other day some scenery and I noticed my horizon was not level. Sure enough I checked level on my house floor and entertainment shelving to see if it was well balanced and it is balanced. I placed my drone on the floor aiming toward the shelving so I could get a view of the alignment and it was just a little off.

I did the IMU calibration, Compass Calibration and Gimball Calibration just to make sure.

While making adjustments, I notice for perfect level... Gimbal Roll needed to be set at -0.4 to be properly leveled.
I downgraded back to 0400 firmware thinking the 0600 firmware was screwing something up on my Gimbal settings.

When I went back to 0400 I'm still having this issue. Any idea what may be causing this issue? Why did I have to change it from factory setting of -0.1 to -0.4? Is it normal to have to make adjustments to Gimbal?
Hi
I have had 5 different units, and only 2 had the perfect factory horizon. My conclusion is that it is normal. Are margins of error in the electronic components. The user must make fine adjustments on the horizon on many occasions. Currently mine is perfect at -0.4

Reactions: Spanishcop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada