DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What changes with a battery update?

kmaluo

Reactions
Just curious to what kind of changes DJI can make to the battery firmware.

Just curious to what kind of changes DJI can make to the battery firmware.
They can alter the algorithms in the 'smart' battery for things like fuel guage estimation, internal resistance increase over time and loss of capacity calculation based on usage cycles and age of cells.
They can also limit the quiescent current and how aggressive the hibernation strategy is.

It is also possible to modify temperature current limit (both high and low) and LVC points (well to a point before the cells reach their plateau and fall off a cliff like all lipo cells will!)

In addition to all of the above, since the charging and balancing of the Mavic packs is done internally they are also able to modify the charge characteristics and balance current, thresholds and timings as they want.
They can pretty much taylor the batteries to behave how they want them to both on the charge and discharge cycle

Last edited:
How do you update your spare batteries?

Just plug them into your mavic one at a time and the update will repeat for each battery

Remember to make sure you have charged them sufficiently

Other point to note is use the dji go app to update if you can and when you swap the updated battery the app will give you a message to update the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicProMX
I already updated via assistant 2 to the latest firmware with one battery. Do I need to reinstall the aircraft firmware again with the other battery installed? Not sure if it will let me install the same FW if it recognizes that I already have it installed? Thanks

Do I need to reinstall the aircraft firmware again with the other battery installed?
No. Start up your Mavic with each spare battery and wait at the DJI GO home screen (before going into the camera view) for the inconsistent firmware found message to appear. You'll be able to initiate the firmware upgrade from that screen. You can see that process here.

Don't use the Assistant 2.
Use the DJI Go app.
Just connect everything up with each battery installed in the Mavic.
The app will tell you if there is a firmware mismatch and prompt you to update if needed.

No. Start up your Mavic with each spare battery and wait at the DJI GO home screen (before going into the camera view) for the inconsistent firmware found message to appear. You'll be able to initiate the firmware upgrade from that screen. You can see that process here.

Had been searching for this information and found it here thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest