DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you guys think about a P3S as a backup for my Mavic?

Pepino Grande

Reactions
Price is right on Amazon. I mostly use mine for mapping projects with Maps Made Easy, and to do a some higher altitude photography. I hardly ever get my Mavic more than 1/2 mile away.

Thoughts?

If you don't use your MP, you could sell it and just buy a P4 Pro. That sounds more like what you need rather then both a MP and a P3S.

If you don't use your MP, you could sell it and just buy a P4 Pro. That sounds more like what you need rather then both a MP and a P3S.

My reasoning was in case I had a crash or a service problem with my Mavic, not because I don't use it. Not interested in a P4P.

If You want a nice backup drone that you will find capable of advanced flight and filming, plus have the same look and feel of a Mavic, along with portability, convenience and able to use the same batteries, then buy a second
Mavic w/o the controller.

Buy a spare when you need it, not in advance. You'll likely end up with a spare that never gets used while better options are available when such is actually needed..

Buy a spare when you need it, not in advance. You'll likely end up with a spare that never gets used while better options are available when such is actually needed..

This is the advice to go after. Wise and really economic advice.

This is the advice to go after. Wise and really economic advice.

That was my thought at first but also recently my wife has been interested in flying to take pictures, and there ain't no way she is getting her hands on my Mavic. Lol

That was my thought at first but also recently my wife has been interested in flying to take pictures, and there ain't no way she is getting her hands on my Mavic. Lol

That's not a backup you need! You're looking for a bird for your wife. [emoji23]

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where mArge got a bowling ball, custom labeled "HOMER" for her birthday. Lol

yeah it s def addictive. once someone flies it, they want one. all my friends that tried my drone are ow saving for one.

Mavic is more widely avail now. unless you have to have a back up for mission critical purpose, if it can wait then just get one when you need one

I am already saving up for the next one:

Erida | Fastest drone | Tricopter | Carbon drones | Atlas Aerospace | Atlas Dynamics

75 mph top speed 40 min 7 km range. Its all theoretical spec at this point and not out til later this year. So hoping we will get a reply from dji.

I used to have a p3s before getting my mavic. You will be amazed how capable this thing is in terms of stability, photography or even long distance flights if moded... Moreover, there are tons of useful info in the phantoms forum on how to get the best of it. You will be less stressed too if you want to borrow it because of the price tag.

Check out a refurbished P4 on the DJI site. You may find that your MP will become a backup to that...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun