DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does Info on my screen mean?

Blind T

Reactions
I am using an i5 with my MP. On the top of the screen is a red and green bar with an H on it and a time counter to the right side.
Can anyone tell me what this indicates.
Another Q please. If my blade have never come in contact with anything, is there an amount of flying time after which they should be replaced?

I like this site!!

You really, really need to read the manual before you lose the thing. Download the manual from here.

The bar is the remaining battery charge. The numbers are minutes and seconds of flight time remaining. H is the homepoint. Hit that point and the Mavic will want to return to home, because it has just enough battery to get back. Hit red and it will auto-land where it is because it only has enough charge remaining to get to the ground.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks Salt, I've graduated from the Parrot and slow to absorb the changes. Do you have any thoughts on prop life expectancy?

They are plastic and have some flex to them. Unless they start to get brittle and crack, you should be good for a while. You will probably end up breaking them from a crash (keeping my fingers crossed that you don't) than them disintegrating on you.

But yeah, I would suggest to read the manual. We're not being/trying to be condescending. It really does have a lot of stuff you can benefit from.

I plan to replace my props about once a year or every 100 flights or so. I don't recall what DJI's recommendation is, but given how cheap they are I'd rather err on the side of caution.

A key thing is to inspect them closely before each flight. Look for dings or cracks that could get worse, and make sure they're still fully locked into their mounts.

A key thing is to inspect them closely before each flight. Look for dings or cracks that could get worse, and make sure they're still fully locked into their mounts.
This. Put this in your pre-flight checklist and you should be gravy. Again, the props are quite robust and the mavic has no problems flying with a broken prop. I would not do prolonged flights but if it does go south, then there is still a slight chance you can make it back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S