DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Drone Do You Own Now

If you are buying a Mavic Pro, what drone do you currently have?

• Phantom 1

• Phantom 2 FC40

• Phantom 2

• Phantom 2 Vision

• Phantom 2 Vision +

• Phantom 3

• Phantom 4

• Don't own a drone right now

• Other

• Inspire

Results are only viewable after voting.

E92Vancouver

Reactions
For those getting the Mavic Pro, what is your current drone? Will you keep or sell the old drone? I suspect most buyers of the Mavic Pro will be pilots that own an old Phantom 1, 2, 3. 4 or other?

Sounds like most people are selling their previous drones and moving to just a Mavic. We've also seen a lot of guys, especially production companies that are simply looking to add a Mavic to their fleet to have a small, nimble, extremely portable unit at their disposal when a certain shot isn't ideal for a much larger unit like the M600. I would say there are many people pre-ordering and looking at the Mavic that are coming from drones besides just the Phantom although previous Phantom owners do make up a pretty large portion of future Mavic owners.

I have an Inspire-1 V1 with Zenmuse Z3. I ordered the MavicPro to take with me to places that are not so easy to access and to take with me on holiday trips. I will keep the Inspire to fly commercially in windy conditions and when i need the zoom lens.

Reactions: E92Vancouver
I have the Phantom 4. I haven't decided if I'm going to sell it yet, but I'm definitely not selling it until I can do some comparisons for myself. I think it will be fun having them both up at once. I just hope I don't crash them into each other and lose two drones at once.o_O

I have an Inspire-1 V1 with Zenmuse Z3. I ordered the MavicPro to take with me to places that are not so easy to access and to take with me on holiday trips. I will keep the Inspire to fly commercially in windy conditions and when i need the zoom lens.

Just added Inspire to the poll. You can change your vote. I like the portability of the Mavic Pro. May keep my Phantom 4 or should I sell it?

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
I personally don't see the need for both a Phantom 4 and Mavic Pro. I sold my own P4 a few weeks ago. Still have my Inspire and Matrice 600 so should have everything covered now.

Can't vote because it only allows picking one. I sold my P4 to purchase the Mavic. Wanted to part with her while she was as valuable as possible. I still own a Vision+, P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, & a pair of P3 Standards.

For those getting the Mavic Pro, what is your current drone? Will you keep or sell the old drone? I suspect most buyers of the Mavic Pro will be pilots that own an old Phantom 1, 2, 3. 4 or other?

Can't vote because it only allows picking one. I sold my P4 to purchase the Mavic. Wanted to part with her while she was as valuable as possible. I still own a Vision+, P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, & a pair of P3 Standards.

Ok. Changed the poll so you can select multiple answers.

I see Mavic as the successor of the Phantom. I understand Phantom-3 owners buy a Mavic. People who only bought a P4 a couple of months ago may want to skip the first version of the mavic and go for the second version.

For those who desperately want better portability and can spare 2K on replacement of a Phantom by a Mavic I recommend buying the Mavica and sell the Phantom.

Inspire-1 users may want to hang on to the Inspire and use the Mavic as a highly portable gap-filler. I decided I will not register the mavic for commercial use since the annual insurance is 700 Euro and dutch registration and dogtags would also cost me 90 Euro (one-off). The Inspire-1 is being registered and insured for commercial use.

Yes, I want the Mavic Pro for holidays. You can take it as carry on luggage on the plane!

Need a mavic to take shots of Inspire

Attachments

• IMG_0639.PNG
    IMG_0639.PNG
    9.5 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: dirkclod
Very nice place to fly and nice shot Jixxer and welcome to our new forum .
I'm keeping all mine .

I have a P3S, P34K, P3A, P3P, P4, Inspire 1 V2, and an Autel X-Star. I don't plan on selling any of them just yet and cannot wait to add the Mavic to my fleet. Now, to find more space to store all of them... :D

Good thing they are all relatively small. You should see my fixed-wing storage! :eek:

I have a P3S, P34K, P3A, P3P, P4, Inspire 1 V2, and an Autel X-Star. I don't plan on selling any of them just yet and cannot wait to add the Mavic to my fleet. Now, to find more space to store all of them... :D

Yes, sir. My wife might kick me out if I start acquiring a fixed-wing collection ;)

Reactions: Dirty Bird

I am the same way with my RC planes. Can't stop acquiring them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair