DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if I don't update to latest firmware version?

mavic6611

Reactions
I'm curious what happens if i simply press decline and carry on as normal?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: grizzard
Nothing will happen. Firmware updates are optional.

What happens? You will discover your inner bliss, and for a moment, believe that you are one with the universe. I'm flying all version "7", app and aircraft, with no problems whatsoever.

Reactions: mavic6611
I'm curious what happens if i simply press decline and carry on as normal?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Your day will be stress free [emoji846]
I am still running .200 with zero issues and I am still able to utilize the Mavics originally advertised specs, range, and speed without the slow systematic crippling that DJI has been known for in the past. I have had my Mavic since November and my focus is sharp, i do not know what a soft "watercolor" image is, I still have the same Speed of 24mph (40mph in Sport) in rural locations I still have a range of 4.5 miles, i can still get 25 minutes out of a battery, it lands dead on to the inch from the Home Point when RTH, it has never drifted while hovering, none of these things. I am completely satisfied with my product, why would I ever take the risk of changing that?
But oh then again I have will never have the ability to use the goofy goggles that I never planned on ordering anyway.
And don't allow anyone to try to tell you that your warranty or Care Refresh will be void if you do not update. I have included a link from the DJI Forum where a representative from DJI addresses this myth.
Is warranty voided? DJI can you answer this question?

Reactions: rigor and mavic6611
It looks like I'm definitely going to be pressing the decline button then [emoji16].

Soo I guess the next question is, what's the best firmware version with best distance and stability etc, which is still available to change to?
I'm currently running 7.00 and not convinced it's as stable as the previous versions

It looks like I'm definitely going to be pressing the decline button then [emoji16].

Soo I guess the next question is, what's the best firmware version with best distance and stability etc, which is still available to change to?
I'm currently running 7.00 and not convinced it's as stable as the previous versions
If you are happy with what you currently have then I would stay put. But if not I think .500 is still available but .400 and earlier have been removed from the downgrade list.
I personally experienced a noticeable loss in range and speed when going from .200 to .300. It was like it was a whole different crappier unit. I downgraded to .200 and everything was immediately back to normal and I have been happy ever since.
It worked out well because the next day .200 was removed from the list of available firmware downgrades on DJI Assistant2.

Last edited:
If you are happy with what you currently have then I would stay put. But if not I think .500 is still available but .400 and earlier have been removed from the downgrade list.
I personally experienced a noticeable loss in range and speed when going from .200 to .300. It was like it was a whole different crappier unit. I downgraded to .200 and everything was immediately back to normal and I have been happy ever since.
It worked out well because the next day .200 was removed from the list of available firmware downgrades on DJI Assistant2.
I can't remember too much about. 500?
I'm wondering if it's better than. 700 with speed and distance. Any ideas mate?

I can't remember too much about. 500?
I'm wondering if it's better than. 700 with speed and distance. Any ideas mate?
.500 had numerous problems with 3rd party apps. By *numerous* I mean - it didn't work at all. For that reason alone, I would not lock in to using that version permanently. I'm running .700 with no problems whatsoever. I fly a long valley, often, and have gotten a mile and a half out, losing only one bar on RC and video signals on .700.

.500 had numerous problems with 3rd party apps. By *numerous* I mean - it didn't work at all. For that reason alone, I would not lock in to using that version permanently. I'm running .700 with no problems whatsoever. I fly a long valley, often, and have gotten a mile and a half out, losing only one bar on RC and video signals on .700.

4.2 miles with .200, I upgraded to fw.300 and on the exact same waypoint route could only make 2 miles. I downgraded firmware back to .200 and range returned immediately.
That was the moment I came to the realization that I was perfectly happy with what I've got and why would I ever risk that.
IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0209.JPG .

Reactions: TimeIsMine
Nothing, pretty much the same as what will happen if you do upgrade.

Something definetly did happen.

If you switch areas you will be asked to update NFZ zones.... If you deny, you will fly With height/distance limitations.... Handicapping your fun.

If you don't have 4g or. You use a tablet... It can be an issue...

Something definetly did happen.

If you switch areas you will be asked to update NFZ zones.... If you deny, you will fly With height/distance limitations.... Handicapping your fun.

If you don't have 4g or. You use a tablet... It can be an issue...
So if I select the decline option on the go4 app message I'll basically be limited?

So if I select the decline option on the go4 app message I'll basically be limited?
No, just to clarify here. If you update but then after the update decline to log in to your DJI account when prompted you will be limited.
But if you simply decline the update all together, nothing will happen. This video reiterates this, as he can probably do a better job of clarifying the facts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada