DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What if there are more than one Mavic Pro flying at the same location?

bleeyw

Reactions
Hai ALL,

I am new here. I understand that there is no pairing required between the drone & the controller.
If there are other similar Mavic controller/s and drones which are active within the same flying distances cause disruption to communication to each other's devices ?

Regards

Reactions: warlock 31
There is a pairing between RC and Mavic.
No problem to fly multiple in the same spot

Reactions: Wt3786
I was flying with a buddy and we found that we needed to stand about 15-20 feet apart or we got pretty sever interference notifications with occasional feed dropout. I had been meaning to ask if anyone has experienced this? Had also wondered if there is a way to set the wireless "channel" like on a router?

Yes, there is - depending on where you are in the world you can select "custom" in the WiFi settings
4812cf4c42249ea4cee81773f156d013.jpg

Reactions: Wr4ptr
15 or 20 years ago you would have had to worry about frequency collisions when people were still flying with AM and FM transmitters. But in these days of spread spectrum, the chances of another Mavic transmitter interfering with yours is in the millions if not billions.

Reactions: bleeyw
I was flying with a buddy and we found that we needed to stand about 15-20 feet apart or we got pretty sever interference notifications with occasional feed dropout. I had been meaning to ask if anyone has experienced this? Had also wondered if there is a way to set the wireless "channel" like on a router?

happen to me and a friend before.. the only difference to your case is that my signal was fine while my friend encountered severe interference (which never happen to him before whenever he is flying alone)

The text message in the display and flashing icons? Or lost control?

15 or 20 years ago you would have had to worry about frequency collisions when people were still flying with AM and FM transmitters. But in these days of spread spectrum, the chances of another Mavic transmitter interfering with yours is in the millions if not billions.
I'm not so sure about that. These aren't simple 2.4 Ghz rc systems.. The bandwidth in use by the Occusync platform is considerably more.. By orders of magnitude. It may be spread spectrum, but the total number of available hopping channels is really quite small.

if you are asking me.... if I recall, the radio signal icon was flashing and the bars were down to 3...

and he hadn't even taken off yet... mine was hovering 20 m above...

Noted... Thanks

We were both getting radio interference warnings on the screen. Intermittently, we'd both get interrupted or choppy video streams. For one brief moment, my remote seemed to disconnect from my MAVIC, but immediately reconnected as I moved my remote away from the other remote. We ended up setting chairs about 20 feet apart and had no further problems after that. But the symptoms were reproducible...if we forgot and moved toward one another, we'd start getting the same symptoms again.

I have flown numerous times with dual controllers bound to one Mavic and have not had one single glitch in video or control in all that time. You would think that the controllers would interfere with eachother, but it has never happened. Maybe because we are bound to the same Mavic, but they are both within 3 feet of eachother and never a problem.

@Anthony Viscomi You guys have flown 5 or 10 DJI drones at the same time, any interference problems?

Standing close to another member of this group while were both flying our Mavic's resulted in interference. I don't recall how it manifested. (Warning or low bars or video quality or some combo). Stand 4 m apart and no issue.

Flying a MP and P4P at the same location, no issues at all - but I might have had the P4P on the 5.8 GHz channel. I'll try to test that soon with both on 2.4. Should be out there tomorrow evening.

You are all missing the obvious.

In context, the RC is a powerful transmitter. The signal level of the distant Mavic compared to the transmit power of an RC right next to you is several orders of magnitude.

I would be surprised if another RC within a few feet wouldn't present a strong interference signal. It has nothing to do with the modulation techniques (@Thunderdrones is right -- current modern transmission and modulation techniques make channel conflict a thing of the past).

It has to do with, by analogy, someone shouting with a megaphone right next to you when you're trying to hear a very quiet shout from 300 yards away.

ANY transmitter within a few feet transmitting on 2.4Ghz at the same EIRP as the RC will cause the same interference. People need to simply keep an appropriate separation when flying together, probably no more than 10-20 feet being necessary.

Can still happen with racing drones. But that's not really the issue but non the less.

You are all missing the obvious.

In context, the RC is a powerful transmitter. The signal level of the distant Mavic compared to the transmit power of an RC right next to you is several orders of magnitude.

I would be surprised if another RC within a few feet wouldn't present a strong interference signal. It has nothing to do with the modulation techniques (@Thunderdrones is right -- current modern transmission and modulation techniques make channel conflict a thing of the past).

It has to do with, by analogy, someone shouting with a megaphone right next to you when you're trying to hear a very quiet shout from 300 yards away.

ANY transmitter within a few feet transmitting on 2.4Ghz at the same EIRP as the RC will cause the same interference. People need to simply keep an appropriate separation when flying together, probably no more than 10-20 feet being necessary.

Just curious, What kind of interference do you think it will cause? Video interruption to me is the lesser of 2 evils. If I lose control and the Mavic RTH, that could be a disaster, especially if flying near another one.

Im a fan of the Drone Racing League, and on TV those guys are spaced around 4-6 feet from eachother, and some are using old fashioned Spektrum transmitters. Not sure if they have conflicts but Ive never seen one crash as the cause.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots