DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best way to process 4k video if all I want to do is slice and combine?

adiru

Reactions
So I recorded a lot of video on many flights. Each flight I start recording before takeoff and stop recording after landing. As you can see, there is a lot of fluff and only a small segment of each flight video is useable. I want to create one long video that is a combination and compilation of slices and segments from the many videos that I had recorded using the Mavic.

I recorded them all in 4k using the 24fps, no editing or post processing or anything whatsoever yet.

Is there a simple way of using a software or tool that can just allow me to slice and combine without having to spend time to convert/ process /etc?

The reason I'm asking is because I noticed that whenever I do use Adobe software to do such a compilation the end result is NEVER anywhere near as sharp as the original 4k MP4 that the Mavic spits out on my microsd card.

So in theory why can't it be possible to use a tool just to tell it to slice at this time index for each video and then combine them without having to spend hours of "rendering" or processing or whatever, and most importantly without having to reduce imagine/video quality. I mean isn't there a completely lossless way of doing this?

I'm not even doing anything complicated like adding music, speeding up or slowing down time, transitions or any other effects etc, since they are ALL recorded from the same Mavic at the same 4k 24fps in the same format MP4 unto the same microsd card there should be an easier way to do what I'm trying to do, not to mention it could be completely lossless rather than suffering an image degredation

any tip?

Would like to know as well. Tried some shady freeware tools. Not happy so far. I do try now to start and stop recording in the 'stable' part of the flights. There is a lot of quality loss going from the raw 4k footage through my video editing software (1080p) to YouTube. Each step of the way quality seems to be lost.

I'm curious to know more about your Adobe problems. I use Premiere Pro and have no issues if I set my timeline and export settings correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just tried a tip I saw somewhere else on this forum. Opening a clip with Windows Photo allows easy trimming without the need to rerender.

Just tried a tip I saw somewhere else on this forum. Opening a clip with Windows Photo allows easy trimming without the need to rerender.

But Windows Photos seem to change the FPS from 24 to 30 when you save as, or is there a setting option I didn't notice?

But Windows Photos seem to change the FPS from 24 to 30 when you save as, or is there a setting option I didn't notice?

my footage is shot in 30 fps so I guess I am fine. If someone knows of alternatives please let me know. Just being able to trim without the need for rerendering is a fast way to clean up my shots and free disk space

my footage is shot in 30 fps so I guess I am fine. If someone knows of alternatives please let me know. Just being able to trim without the need for rerendering is a fast way to clean up my shots and free disk space

Nice, I would also love to know as I am running into the same issue.

Sidenote: how do you like 30fps vs 24 and do you shoot in 4k or 2k?

Nice, I would also love to know as I am running into the same issue.

Sidenote: how do you like 30fps vs 24 and do you shoot in 4k or 2k?

Lately I am shooting 4K. Two reasons. Firstly the ability to extract 4k stills. Secondly more room to play with when editing (1080p output). E.g. zooming and stabilizing. Better be safe than sorry. And I guess it is more future proof.

I am worried about my disk space though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato