DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the dji go 4 app doing when I am using a 3rd party app?

Doecliff

Reactions
When I am using a 3rd party app I usually start out with the go 4 app and just check everything out then I press the "back" button on my ipad and open the 3rd party app that I am using like drone pan for instance. Is the go 4 app still running in the background or is the 3rd party app (and my remote) the only thing controlling or having an effect on my mavic?

I always shut down Go4 before starting up any 3rd party drone control app.

I'd hate for the two applications to both try sending commands to the Mavic (go left, no go right , no go left.....)

Reactions: griffirvin
Nothing. Only one app can be connected at a time. You can switch between them, when the new app gets focus it will connect to the Mavic and the other app will be disconnected.

Reactions: Kilrah and Doecliff
I normally use the go4 for to check diagnostics then I immediately close it after if I'm using another app I just wouldn't want to risk it.. that's $1000 in air and the less apps running in the background The better I think the phone will perform way better not to mention it's refreshing those apps in the background every couple of minutes or seconds I make sure I close every app just to be safe plus it saves your battery time and won't run up all your data if you're on a data plan that's not unlimited just my opinion.

When I am using a 3rd party app I usually start out with the go 4 app and just check everything out then I press the "back" button on my ipad and open the 3rd party app that I am using like drone pan for instance. Is the go 4 app still running in the background or is the 3rd party app (and my remote) the only thing controlling or having an effect on my mavic?
I tend to close the DJI Go 4 app when using Litchi as is advised in the Litchi Application Manual. Better be safe than sorry!

Reactions: Thomas B
I always shut down Go4 before starting up any 3rd party drone control app.

I'd hate for the two applications to both try sending commands to the Mavic (go left, no go right , no go left.....)

kinda like an angel on you’re left and a devil on your right but good point. i was in the military and in the case of conflicting orders we’re told to go with the original order. hoping it’s the right one lol

Hi
I believe you must shut down any other drone control programs to prevent conflict
For example please see instruction for running
Litchi app

iOS

Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
Start your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one, and let them initialize for a few seconds
If you have a Wi-Fi based drone (Phantom 3 Standard/4K or Spark): connect to the Wi-Fi network of the aircraft, if you have a USB-based remote controller, plug the remote controller into the mobile device
Start Litchi

Good luck

Reactions: Thomas B
thanks. got it goin on dji go 4. just had my maiden voyage. shoulda taken an extra battery with me. lol. didn’t want to land. think i like this little device. a lot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica