DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of case are you getting for your Mavic?

I got the Fly-More Bundle, so for now I will be using the free bag that comes with it. I will more than likely get a waterproof hardcase (Pelican 1520, maybe) later on.

I got the Fly-More Bundle, so for now I will be using the free bag that comes with it. I will more than likely get a waterproof hardcase (Pelican 1520, maybe) later on.
Doubt that case is free but maybe since i do plan on getting more batteries and once that is added in...

Doubt that case is free but maybe since i do plan on getting more batteries and once that is added in...
IF you do the math on what is included in the Fly More Bundle, you save $82. The DJI bag in that bundle is $79. So, free bag.

Reactions: m0j0
I'll be using whatever bag I happen to have on me at the time. If I'm hiking, my hiking backpack. If I'm heading to work, my shoulder bag.

It's so small, that's the beauty of it, right? :)

I'll be using whatever bag I happen to have on me at the time. If I'm hiking, my hiking backpack. If I'm heading to work, my shoulder bag.

It's so small, that's the beauty of it, right? :)
Hmm.. That gives me an idea.. Maybe an ugly backpack. Something no one would steal... :-D

ztcvjug

url

Attachments

• enhanced-buzz-27887-1377190654-17.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-27887-1377190654-17.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: jerryflah
I like the idea of a dry bag. Has me thinking about a couple others now. I would still want some padding, which is just me.

I prefer a bag which is just big enough to carry the Mavic with the usual phone, wallet, etc,... Else defeats the whole purpose of a compact drone.

Reactions: puravidastyles
I'm using the free one that comes with the bundle

People seem to just be chucking the mavic in any bag or even pockets.
Surely this can't be good for the propellers or arms?

It will be going in my DSLR travel backpack, along with my GoPro, computer and P&S. That will grow the value of the bag to about $5k

I'm getting Peak Design's Messenger bag, it seem to be perfect for the Mavic + my other camera gear

DSCF4324-2.jpg

5220474_orig.jpg

6701593_orig.jpg

Reactions: Romario1972
I'm getting Peak Design's Messenger bag, it seem to be perfect for the Mavic + my other camera gear

DSCF4324-2.jpg

5220474_orig.jpg

6701593_orig.jpg
Seems almost like there's too much space in there. Definitely want to isolate the controller.

I couldn't find the precise dimensions of the remote, but the water bottle comparison in the description of the Mavic makes this Maxpedition Bottle Holder look like a pretty cool choice -- throw in a little foam as a separator and it looks like you could fit extra batteries, the remote, and the Mavic in here:

51u%2Bj3o%2BWaL.jpg

This Condor H20 Pouch is very similar in design and half the price (about $16), but it doesn't look as "solid" so it might protect the Mavic a bit less:
61N6390z27L._SL1000_.jpg

(Note if you buy one of these, I suggest buying from Amazon vs. a third-party reseller, as you'll be assured you'll get the real thing and not a counterfeit.)

If anyone picks one of these up, let me know what you think. I'm considering ordering the black Maxpedition bag, as it almost looks like it was designed for the Mavic. I've got a little eggshell foam in the garage I could use as a separator -- put the batteries and maybe charger in the bottom, foam, then the Mavic, and put the remote in the outer compartment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris M
I got the fly more package so will at least start out using the bag with the kit. Will look for others if needed

I couldn't find the precise dimensions of the remote, but the water bottle comparison in the description of the Mavic makes this Maxpedition Bottle Holder look like a pretty cool choice -- throw in a little foam as a separator and it looks like you could fit extra batteries, the remote, and the Mavic in here:

51u%2Bj3o%2BWaL.jpg

This Condor H20 Pouch is very similar in design and half the price (about $16), but it doesn't look as "solid" so it might protect the Mavic a bit less:
61N6390z27L._SL1000_.jpg

(Note if you buy one of these, I suggest buying from Amazon vs. a third-party reseller, as you'll be assured you'll get the real thing and not a counterfeit.)

If anyone picks one of these up, let me know what you think. I'm considering ordering the black Maxpedition bag, as it almost looks like it was designed for the Mavic. I've got a little eggshell foam in the garage I could use as a separator -- put the batteries and maybe charger in the bottom, foam, then the Mavic, and put the remote in the outer compartment.

I like that Maxpedition a lot! But I want to know if the controller will fit in the pocket. Plenty of room for the Mavic in the main compartment but no way there's room for the controller in there, too. Anyone know the size of the controller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus