DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What phone/tablet are you using not on the list?

gixxerbill

Reactions
I have a s7 but I have a water proof case on it and it's a pain to get it plugged in. So i thought I would use a dedicated phone for my mav. I chose a samsung galaxy J3 that I bought from best buy. It has been working perfectly and the battery last forever since I turn it off after every use.

What I can't figure out why it's not on the approved list. So i thought I would start a thread telling other members what devices work that are not on the approved list.

Well what about ya'll?

Most of the commonly used devices can be found here.

Kind of. That's why I keep that list though ;)

lol again this for people that buck the system and buy something off the list that WORKS
Right on -- that's why I made my list. I'm all for adding new devices though if I missed any stellar choices.

My Moto X Pure is really fast response with DJI GO 4 , but I have to enable it to do data transfers cause it just wants to stay in Charging Mode via the micro USB port and DJI GO 4 does not like that mode. I have to stuff it into the controller as the back is convex , but with some effort it crams in there.

It's not possible to share GPS data with a hotspot.

I use a Huawei mate p7. Bad connection between rc and phone. Display distorted and a lag. Looking for a cheap dedicated phone.

DJI Mavic Pro, GO 4

I know this thread is a bit old, but I can confirm DJIGo4/Mavic Pro runs well on a Chuwi Hi10 Pro 'ultrabook' dual boot running Lollipop (Android 5) with current software/firmware updates (as of Aug 1 2017). No app closures yet on 5 or 6 packs and was confident enough to send the Mavic over 2 miles away. $200 delivered including keyboard. Does not fit the controller obviously, but I can sit on my porch with the Chuwi on a side table and have a decent screen to watch. It does not have the guts to screen cast smoothly simultaneously, but it did not crash.

I have a s7 but I have a water proof case on it and it's a pain to get it plugged in. So i thought I would use a dedicated phone for my mav. I chose a samsung galaxy J3 that I bought from best buy. It has been working perfectly and the battery last forever since I turn it off after every use.

What I can't figure out why it's not on the approved list. So i thought I would start a thread telling other members what devices work that are not on the approved list.

Well what about ya'll?
Nexus 7

It's not possible to share GPS data with a hotspot.

I'm going to have to try this. I use and iPad mini for the radio and I have an iPhone 6S plus I'm going to use for hotspot. I'll report back....

I'm going to have to try this. I use and iPad mini for the radio and I have an iPhone 6S plus I'm going to use for hotspot. I'll report back....

It works fine showing google sat map via wifi from iPhone hotspot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder