DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What recommendations for Mavic Pro 2?

Mcloer

Reactions
I'm interested to hear/see what recommendations would be made for the Mavic Pro 2 when and if it becomes a reality. For starters I would suggest more and better sensors.....what else?

I'd like to see a P-S-A switch (like the Phantom has) on the remote controller to allow ATTI mode to be manually enabled.

More and better sensors is an easy thing to say but I would just like to see rear and top sensors just like the front often I land with the drone backing up to stay in reference to how I am standing and sometimes I fear my finger slipping and causing it to backup too fast and crash.

More and better sensors is an easy thing to say but I would just like to see rear and top sensors just like the front often I land with the drone backing up to stay in reference to how I am standing and sometimes I fear my finger slipping and causing it to backup too fast and crash.

Indeed it was easy to say considering obvious reasons;)

The one thing they have to do above all else is to put in a better camera and a more sturdy gimbal. I don't know how they will squeeze it in but I suspect the next mavic will use a lot less space for the electronics and free up more area in the length of the nose so it can hold a bigger and better camera.

It cannot be P4 quality, it's got to be an improvement that is instantly visible in the video and stills or they are not going to be able to persuade several hundred thousand mavic owners to upgrade.

Rob

At least a software thing... Show the "assumed wind speed" on the controller. Don't change any settings made by the user during firmware updates(in case hardware needs to cooperate with the software upgrade).

Having aperture control for the camera would make me upgrade.

The way it folds up so nicely, we could afford a slightly larger frame size, and then have the room for a better gimbal and camera....

I'll second the "all direction" obstacle avoidance sensors.....

As far as software is concerned, I would like to see the angle of the gimbal in the DJI go4 app....it would be helpful for reference when programming waypoints later in Litchi, etc.....

At least a software thing... Show the "assumed wind speed" on the controller. Don't change any settings made by the user during firmware updates(in case hardware needs to cooperate with the software upgrade).

I find this very useful and important. Just yesterday i made a medium range flight and while i was getting away i had wind on the back; i didn't think that it was strong enought to complicate my return back. I finally made it to home, but i landed with 15% battery and i was very worried i would have to land in the middle of the way. A sw option that ca calculate wind speed and rth would be interesting.

Why is everyone wondering what's next? Didn't this just come out 5 months ago? What's wrong with the camera? My pics and video look great. Would be cool if the battery lasted even longer but still, the amount of problems I keep reading I don't think they should be worrying about what's next at the factory.

Reactions: ryo
Why is everyone wondering what's next? Didn't this just come out 5 months ago? What's wrong with the camera? My pics and video look great. Would be cool if the battery lasted even longer but still, the amount of problems I keep reading I don't think they should be worrying about what's next at the factory.

Wasn't wondering what's next but what owners would like to see added or improved. Not many are unhappy just a topic for discussion, if I may.

A few thoughts for the discussion...

I'd like the gimbal clamp and camera cover to be integrated into the drone with the ability to open and close the camera cover remotely. Easier / cheaper options for 2nd screen. And for fun: preprogrammed buttons to execute some stunts like loops, flips, and rolls.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851