DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What SD card will you be using with the Mavic?

Way I look at it if you have a $1000 you you can afford the best memory card (SanDisk Extreme Pro) also then if you get a mid to high end DSLR Camera you have a card to support 4K Lossless video @ 100 MBPs!

Reactions: ATXdrone
Those SanDisk 64GB Extreme card that you have linked are UHS-1 and NOT UHS-3. The ONLY UHS-3 micro ad card that I know of is the extreme Pro.
Incorrect, this is a new revision and it indeed UHS-3, says so right on the card which I am now holding in my hand. The UHS-1 notation on the Amazon site is incorrect as was noted in the user comments. The photo on the Amazon page (which indicates UHS-3) is correct however.

I was leaning towards the Pro but after all this UHS Speed Class talk I want to get a card that has the new Video Speed Class written on it, so I'm going for the SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-064G-GN6MA) with free prime shipping for $29.49. It is rated Video Speed Class 30 (V30). But I'm going to wait to buy it until my Mavic arrives.

Also I think maybe you guys are confusing the bus speed (UHS-I or UHS-II) for the Speed class rating (UHS Speed Class 1 or UHS Speed Class 3) designated with a U1 or U3 stamped on the memory.
Secure Digital - Wikipedia
speeds.jpg

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the Extreme pro cards offer no recording advantages over the Extreme only card. No need for that additional expense of the extreme pro other than a little faster transfer speed.

Last edited:
I'm going to buy the SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC from Amazon for $44.79 and free prime shipping. But I'm going to wait to buy it until my Mavic arrives.
Also I think maybe you guys are confusing the bus speed (UHS-I or UHS-II) for the Speed class rating (UHS Speed Class 1 or UHS Speed Class 3) designated with a U1 or U3 stamped on the memory.
No, I don't think anyone is confusing anything, we are clearly talking about UHS-1 vs. UHS-3 speed class ratings. No one even mentioned UHS-I/UHS-II bus speeds.

No, I don't think anyone is confusing anything, we are clearly talking about UHS-1 vs. UHS-3. No one even mentioned UHS-II.
So when you say UHS-1 vs UHS-3 are you referring to UHS Speed Class? Because UHS Speed Class is not written as UHS-1 UHS-3 that is reserved for the Bus Interface which is either UHS-I or UHS-II there is no UHS-III bus interface. If you are referring to the UHS Speed Class then it should be referenced using U1 or U3 not UHS-1 UHS-3.
Read this wiki article and it will help explain: Secure Digital - Wikipedia

Reactions: kevinelliott
So when you say UHS-1 vs UHS-3 are you referring to UHS Speed Class? Because UHS Speed Class is not written as UHS-1 UHS-3 that is reserved for the Bus Interface which is either UHS-I or UHS-II there is no UHS-III bus interface. If you are referring to the UHS Speed Class then it should be referenced using U1 or U3 not UHS-1 UHS-3.
Read this wiki article and it will help explain: Secure Digital - Wikipedia
In the Wiki article the heading of the column on the table detailing speed class clearly says 'UHS Speed Class' and that is the proper nomenclature, or at least that is the way it is almost universally referred to. I suppose you could pick it apart and you might be technically correct but I think so far the only one confused by our comments has been you. :) Anyway the bus speed doesn't have much relevance here because the Mavic supports only UHS-I.

Last edited:
In the Wiki article the heading of the column on the table detailing speed class clearly says 'UHS Speed Class' and that is the proper nomenclature.
Show me somewhere in the article where it references a UHS Speed Class as UHS-1 or UHS-3, it never does, UHS-I and UHS-II is reserved for the bus interface. UHS Speed Class is written as U1 U3, but it doesn't matter because next gen is going to Video Speed Class and it will be V6, V10 V30 V60 V90 and so people won't mix up UHS Speed Class with UHS Bus Interface anymore.
And these guys make the spec and call it U1 U3.
Speed Class Standards for Video Recording - SD Association

Last edited:
No problem, I will call it U1 or U3 if you find it confusing otherwise.

Keep in mind that the Extreme pro cards offer no recording advantages over the Extreme only card. No need for that additional expense of the extreme pro other than a little faster transfer speed.
Yes. The card I linked to was only intended to be the best price/performance value to the Mavic that I've found, not necessarily the fastest card on the planet. You can pay more but you won't see a performance difference in the Mavic.

Also the new card carries a V30 rating so as to avoid confusion. :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HU3Q6S4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No problem, I will call it U1 or U3 if you find it confusing otherwise.
Phew thanks :) everyone messes it up and really I blame the SD Association for using the UHS name for both the speed class and bus, bad choice... V30 is much better :)
It also doesn't help that in the DJI Mavic specs it says "Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required" when they clearly meant U1, even DJI didn't know the spec terminology. I guess I'm the only one nerdy and bored enough to read the standards :eek:
And after all this speed class talk it made me want to buy a card with the video speed class rating, so I like the extreme 64GB you linked for $29.49, that's the one I'm going to buy.

Last edited:
Anything thats capable of writing speeds above 60MB/s.... Simplez

Your DLSR takes micro SD card(s)??

Oh, I hadn't looked at the Mavic Pro requirements. If it's micro, then I won't be able to use my current SDHC cards. Thanks for pointing that out, time to do some reading (grin)

Costco has a deal on 2 32GB Sandisk extreme micros sd cards for just less than 30.00. That's what I use

Mavic Manual says, it supports upto 32GB card only.

But can we use
SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22