DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Video Resolution Should I Be Using?

Spanishcop

Reactions
Need some assistance/recommendations.

So I'm going to be leaving in about a month to Europe and taking the Mavic Pro with me. I have 2 of the 128g Extreme Ultra Class 10 U3 micro sd cards and a computer to transfer video over for storage during the 3 weeks. A couple questions...

Video Editor...I'm a Windows user. I currently own Pinnacle Studio 20 which handles 4k video. I've been considering purchasing also Adobe Premier Elements (I don't want subscription) as I see so many people talking about it. I'm being told it won't edit 4k and I would have to convert to 1080p per adobe customer service. So are you guys recording in 1080p with your Mavic?

Sometimes I get some hazing on cloudy days and colors not accurate. I'M STILL LEARNING HERE. I noticed premiere elements 15 seems very easy to adjust the color settings and when picture has haze. Maybe I just need more practice with Pinnacle Studio. Is there an easy way to adjust this in pinnacle or should I make the move to Adobe Premier Elements?

Last question.... For editing video what Video setting for color is everyone normally using: d-cinelike, d-log, art, normal.... to make it easier later for editing?

Thanks,
Mike

Every setting has it's use. 1080p gives more flexibility in frame rates, for fast action you would want 60 or 90 fps, so you can shoot with 1/120 or 1/180 of a second. You could also choose 2.7K. Gives a lot more detail than 1080p, plus you get the 2x lossless digital zoom (Mavic Pro, not sure about Air) and could choose full HD video caching. You can still crop 2x if you render to 1080p.
4K of course if you need the best result with most information to work with in post.

You could use them all together in the same time line. You can render 1080p or 2.7K up to 4K, or scale 4K down to 1080p, your choice. Try out various scenarios, you make the rules.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada