DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What viewing device will you be using?

Badm0n

Reactions
I'm currently using a Note 4 with a cracked screen. It still works great for a phone, but I worry it will have trouble processing the video in real time. Now i'm in the new market for a new tablet and have been looking at the Ipad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 2, or possibly the Shield K1.

If money weren't an issue, what viewing device would you use and why?

I'm currently using a Note 4 with a cracked screen. It still works great for a phone, but I worry it will have trouble processing the video in real time. Now i'm in the new market for a new tablet and have been looking at the Ipad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 2, or possibly the Shield K1.

If money weren't an issue, what viewing device would you use and why?
Well since tablets are too big for the controller, I'll use my Nexus 6p.

iPhone 7 Plus

Reactions: LowryMavicRider
I still have my Shield and hope I can use it easily. Will try the 3d Print-out with a holder.

As a phone I still have my Honor 6, which I want to replace with the Mi Note 2, when it comes out (hopefully next month).

Reactions: Fplvert
My phone's a first generation MotoG which won't cope and is kind of small.
I'd like to have used my Nexus 7 which definitely won't fit but could be used alongside especially since I often fly from inside a vehicle - can imagine it somehow resting on dash.
There seems to be plenty of suitable phones available on ebay for reasonable cost, in particular I'm looking at Nexus 5s.

I've bought a dedicated cheap android phone with 5 inches HD screen. I'll see how it goes.

I've always used an iPad Air 2 with my P4.
In readiness for the Mavic, I tried my iPhone 6 Plus with a quick homemade sunscreen the other day (and with display turned to its brightest). I was quite surprised with how good it was. Feel a bit stupid that I hadn't really tested it with the P4 before.
I think with essential info being displayed on the Mavics remote controller and the iPhone screen for camera view, it might be ok.
Will need to find a proper sunscreen for the iPhone though

I was so looking forward to the Note 7. It's a shame they were recalled because of the battery issue. :'(

I've got the s6, but will be switching to the s8 when that comes out.

I'll probably carry both phones though.

I picked up a Huawei ascend mate 7 yesterday secondhand, but its in pristine condition, I think it has the largest screen that will fit in the controller at 6.8 inches
This will be dedicated to the Mavic as I use a Samsung Note Edge daily, which is unfortunately too thick to fit or else I wouldn't have bothered with the Huawei.

It will be between an old (decommissioned, no SIM) iPhone 5S for some messing around and general flight and my iPhone 6S+ for when it really matters and I need more screen real estate to compose.

However, I will, when not on the bike, carry a tripod with my iPad (Air 2) mount and an extra long lightening cable so others can watch.

I think something the size of the 6+/6S+/7+ will be the way to go. It is a lot of screen that wont get int the way or block the controls.

I do think with the controllers display showing most data the device can be smaller with less of an issue than with the Phantoms.
It's basically only for showing the FPV and map.
Also it will hopefully be easier to see in bright conditions.

I'm waiting for an alternative that will allow me to use my shield. It's portable enough and a nice compromise. I have an iPhone 6 that will probably be used in the interim.

Supposed to be getting my iPhone 7+ 11/04-11/11, hopefully I'll get my Mavic around the same time. Gonna be my 2 favorite gadgets paired together, pretty psyched. I live in NY, but I don't care if it's gonna be cold, I'm gonna fly !

Reactions: Michaelangelo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute