DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What viewing device will you be using?

Sony Xperia Z5, but I think I will try to find ways to use my Note 10.1 tablet, it should help when filming because of bigger screen.

I've got the s6, but will be switching to the s8 when that comes out.

I'll probably carry both phones though.

I wonder if S6 has compatibility issues with DJI go App as S7 does.... actually it's not compatible. DJI go app makes the phone continuously reboot

I'll be using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. I sure hope it fits and has enough processing power.

Would it be silly if instead of mounting the tablets the traditional way, we mount it in portrait orientation.
Yea obviously the video dimensions won't fit the portrait orientation and there will be wasted space at the top and bottom of the screen. However, the middle portion can still show a substantial amount of video and we can use the black space to put all the drone info.
So basically the middle portion is purely the video from the camera and the black empty space above and below can be used for drone info.

The app won't turn to portrait mode

I wonder if S6 has compatibility issues with DJI go App as S7 does.... actually it's not compatible. DJI go app makes the phone continuously reboot
I spoke to DJI about the S7 and the Go update yesterday is meant to solve this problem. Time will tell..

Is this what you are speaking of . I like this one the best from the others I have seen .

Not sure how well it would work, but I ordered one of these for my iPhone 7 plus. DJI Mavic Sunshade I've purchased their custom made 3D printed shades for my Osmo and Phantom 3 Plus and they're very nice.

I will be using my iPhone 6+ with a custom sunshade Aerial Drone Acc as it is very nice, at least until someone comes along with an iPad mini holder that I like. I have used the iPhone 6+ many times with my P3 and it works well when auto-brightness is turned off and turned all the way up.

Not sure how well it would work, but I ordered one of these for my iPhone 7 plus. DJI Mavic Sunshade I've purchased their custom made 3D printed shades for my Osmo and Phantom 3 Plus and they're very nice.
Yeah this is what i suggested. bottom mount is better and the hands will fit perfecty under it

Anyone have any idea what the material is right where the controller grabs the devices? I have a Nexus 4 which is apparently .6mm too thick (9.1mm when the controller only goes to 8.5). Just wondering if I will be able to squeeze my phone in if the material is rubbery with a little give.

Thanks!

Not sure but I would think there would be a little flexibility, or there will be a rubber grip pad you could remove to gain more space, just have to wait and see. My iPhone 6+ is plenty thin enough but is 159.6mm long, no room for a case so I will have to get a new case that is easy to remove and replace.

I will be using iPhone 6s+

Would love to see on laptop (Surface Book) though. Any way to make that happen?

nexus6.

sold my 6p. waiting for my pixel. I'm sure the pixel will be used sometimes, but the 6" screen on the nexus6 will be nice.

I'm going to start with using my iphone 6 first...but if that won't help me fly with confidence, then I'll look for those ipad adapters for my ipad air 2...or maybe upgrade to an iphone 7 plus (which is what I had planned on doing anyway).

I will be using my large 9.5 x 6.75 Ipad 2 (Same one I used for my Phantom 3) I will be designing a clip to hold larger tablets that will also allow you to see the controller screen & still be light weight, stable & portable.

iPhone 7 or maybe my old 6S+ depending on which one feels better to hold when clamped into the Mavic controller.

I still have my Shield and hope I can use it easily. Will try the 3d Print-out with a holder.

As a phone I still have my Honor 6, which I want to replace with the Mi Note 2, when it comes out (hopefully next month).
I will also use my Shield, and will use my IPad Pro.

I've done FPL on phones and bigger and brighter is always better!

The new DJI goggles look promising!

Reactions: dirkclod
As I own a Samsung S7 that may or may work when my Mavic arrives next week :) is there a cheap a cheerful Android tablet/phone with as big a screen as possible that will fit into the controller and work with Go/UF?

Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143