DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What viewing device will you be using?

I hope it works with my nexus 6P.

Looks like the Nexus 6P made by Huawei will just barely fit with just .7mm of space in the length
Its got a Hexacore Processor and its running at a high frequency so there should be enough processing power as well.

Mavic Controller Supported Mobile Device Size
Thickness Supported:6.5-8.5mm
Max length: 160mm

Nexus 6P Dimensions

159.3 x 77.8 x 7.3 mm (6.27 x 3.06 x 0.29 in)

I ordered the iPhone 7 plus yesterday and it's scheduled for delivery Oct 26th to 31st. So between that and my Mavic pro It's going to be a pretty exciting month ahead

I'll be sticking to my iPhone 7 for portability days. When I hit the fields I'll be using my tripod, iPad mount and the hoodman Sunshades for the submerged experience

I have made a few changes on how things will be used. I have an old, spare, deactivated (cellular, no sim) iPhone 5S which I put back to factory and only installed the DJI Go app as well as my preferred Weather App (Weather Underground) I was originally going to use it solely for the Mavic. However, I believe I will keep it in the case as a reserve (backup) if I happen to be running low on battery on my iPhone 6S+. That screen real estate is too good to give up.

My iPad (Air 2) will be used for displaying the images if I am doing something with a demo or setting up a shot and need director input. I have a light tripod with an iPad mount for it. I have a longer Lightening cable already, allowing me to still have the RC in hand and room at the iPad for others to see.

On a shoot I will have everything. On a motorcycle trip, no iPad or tripod.

Samsung S5 and S6 Edge

Using Nexus 7 II

I used a BLU Studio X Plus d770u that I purchased specifically to use with my Phantom 3 Standard. It worked GREAT and it was very inexpensive. It allowed me to keep my phone in my pocket and not drain that battery. I figured the BLU phone would work fine with the Mavic as it uses the same DJI GO software that the Phantom did.
Not so much.
It never connects to the RC. I can get to the flight screen but no camera. The RC can control the gimbal fine.
I got the phone configured to treat the USB connection as a camera connection. Is that the correct setting?

i have a DJI osmo which uses the go app.. this works fine with an Xiaomi MI4C i assume it will work just the same with a mavic.. i have an Xiaomi flagship MI5 coming but its got f-cking lost on the way.. it will be interesting to see what gearbest do about it.. he he

i think screen brightness is maybe more important than screen size..

trog

Im looking into getting a dedicated tablet for my mavic. Would I be better off going with a ios divice? or do android devices work just as good?

Im looking into getting a dedicated tablet for my mavic. Would I be better off going with a ios divice? or do android devices work just as good?
If you plan on a dedicated tablet might I suggest the Nivida Shield K1, plenty of processor power with the quad core Tegra 1, HDMI port for goggles or ground station monitor, SD card slot to bump the stingy 16GB memory up to 128GB, and an easy solution for screen capture, all for only $199 from Amazon. I have an iPad air2 so will use that but if I didn't I would use the Shield, you just can't beat the bank for the buck. They are starting to come out with some good tablet mounting options now also.

New to DJI and waiting for my Mavic Pro. The folks using the S7 or S6, what updates are you currently on? Seems the S7 reboots are related to the Sept / Oct Samsung update. Going to grab an S6 from my carrier on the cheap and hope it works fine. Still using my old Nexus 4 (it just won't die).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69