DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's Causing This? Mavic and Powerdirector Problem

DownandLocked

Reactions

I flew a Litchi 12 minute flight but compressed it down to approx 4 minutes. 3K video rendered down to 1080.
Also adjusted lighting and added color adjustment. The rendering on PowerDirector 15 took over 2 hours for a 4 minute clip. Questions:

1 - Is it normal to take this long to render?
2 - Bigger question. What is causing the "flickering" approx 2 x per second?

It is a bit gruesome, but colours are good. Frame rate of export wants to be same as imported recording.
Changing video size seems to make Adobe Premiere take longer to render to the point it's usually easier to render it full size.
Two hours is nothing for doing these large file sizes, my PC is quite speedy but with a few adjustments it can be best to leave things running overnight to do it.

It is a bit gruesome, but colours are good. Frame rate of export wants to be same as imported recording.
Changing video size seems to make Adobe Premiere take longer to render to the point it's usually easier to render it full size.
Two hours is nothing for doing these large file sizes, my PC is quite speedy but with a few adjustments it can be best to leave things running overnight to do it.

Thanks for your input. I recorded at 30 fps and edited at 30 fps.

Being new to video editing, I didn't think a 15 minute original recording would be that "big".

My biggest concern is the "flickering" when you look at it full screen. I'm assuming that was caused by the PowerPoint rendering so I was wondering if I could adjust the editing to eliminate the flickering.

Looks like the same iframe flickering mine suffers from. Every 8 frames the luminance jumps due to the way it encodes video. Tons of discussions on here about this. Everyone seems to have their own way to work around it. I find on mine that at 2.7k it's less objectionable than at 4k

That’s a long time to export. I am using ShotCut, recording in 2.7k and exporting at 1080p. Takes my 2.5 year old gaming laptop around 3 minutes to export a 2.5min video (cut down from 6 roughly 3 min videos).

Also not sure if the compression in Vimeo is doing you any favors, that was really hard to watch on my iPad. This is the last one I exported (this was the 6 separate 3.5min videos cut back and joined and some sections sped up to 10x to keep the content but drop the duration)

Reactions: Budmancan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys