DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the advice for multiple short flights?

BrAinZ

Reactions
One of the first bits of advice I picked up from the forums is ALWAYS FLY WITH A 100% CHARGED BATTERY.

As a paranoid OCD type of person, I always stick to this, but this does cause a dilemma if you want to take multiple shorter shots rather than I single 20min or so flight.

In a perfect world I would like to fly a little, move to a different spot, shoot a little more etc, but with only two batteries and no quick recharge method in between, I'm torn as to what to do.

So what does everyone else do?

Reactions: I_Like_Drones
One of the first bits of advice I picked up from the forums is ALWAYS FLY WITH A 100% CHARGED BATTERY.

If you're OCD I can understand this, but in reality, if you went for a 5 minute hop, then landed, you've still got at least 2 more 5 minute hops before you are down to 30%. I dont always fly with 100%, if I take off then need to land for some reason, I dont switch batteries if I flew for less than 10 minutes. Im careful, but not OCD, but after a while, trying to fly a full pack every flight will be a waste of time.

Reactions: Rbruz
If the weaher is not very cold or very hot, just fly and land as you need to. Watch your battery percentage and don't push it too hard with Sport mode. From my (admittedly brief) experience, for regular filming it's ok to fly not with full battery. As a precaution, just don't fly too far away.

Is there a reason that flying with a not 100% charger battery is bad? Or is that solely because you might run out of juice?

If you're OCD I can understand this, but in reality, if you went for a 5 minute hop, then landed, you've still got at least 2 more 5 minute hops before you are down to 30%. I dont always fly with 100%, if I take off then need to land for some reason, I dont switch batteries if I flew for less than 10 minutes. Im careful, but not OCD, but after a while, trying to fly a full pack every flight will be a waste of time.

Agreed, in Panama I was chasing horses for 3 hrs in a suv so I would fly the bird for 5-10min then roll down the trail for 10-20 and launch again, did this over and over with zero issues running each battery to 15% had 5 batteries at 100% at start

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada