DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the best to use with the mavic andriod or ios

It does seem like IOS is a bit more stable

cheers iv got a s6 but due for an upgrade soon so was just wondering wat to go for for my mavic wen it cums end of march

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I have a iPhone 7 plus and a s7 edge. Before I would advise iPhone but lately I sent notice any difference. Both run very stable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Number one criteria for me is stability and IOS seems to be doing better than Android for DJI GO4 and Litchi.

Android devices have more processing power which will benefit things like screen recording and iOS has more inherent system stability. Basically you can do more on Android and you'll less prone to app crashes on iOS. Pick your poison.

You need to remember that DJI has now favoured Android since the P4Pro+ has an android integrated screen.
But in saying that, since the last Android update, both DJI GO4 are now equal in function.

I guess the difference between operating systems is the third party apps (this was important during the P3 era but probably not anymore).

Another is to factor flying weather conditions. Some Iphones are prone to battery drainage at sub zero temps.

FYI
I use the S7Edge and it runs fine.

Android devices have more processing power which will benefit things like screen recording and iOS has more inherent system stability. Basically you can do more on Android and you'll less prone to app crashes on iOS. Pick your poison.

I'm an Android guy, but this statement is not true. Apple devices in general have better CPU performance as can be seen by any cross platform benchmark such as Antutu and Geekbench. Android runs on top of a virtual machine similar to Java which is far less efficient as compared to native code that Apple uses. The reason why Android runs on a Virtual Machine is so that the more hardware platforms can be used. Apple has strict hardware and software control versus Android which runs on many different chipsets.

In Geekbench the iPhone 7 plus score 3305 single core and 5404 multicore. The best android scoring device is the Samsung S7 with single core of 1786 and multicore 5208.

I'm an Android guy, but this statement is not true. Apple devices in general have better CPU performance as can be seen by any cross platform benchmark such as Antutu and Geekbench. Android runs on top of a virtual machine similar to Java which is far less efficient as compared to native code that Apple uses. The reason why Android runs on a Virtual Machine is so that the more hardware platforms can be used. Apple has strict hardware and software control versus Android which runs on many different chipsets.

In Geekbench the iPhone 7 plus score 3305 single core and 5404 multicore. The best android scoring device is the Samsung S7 with single core of 1786 and multicore 5208.

But those are only benchmarks on a lower res screen. Multi tasking holds up better on Android through brute force processing power combined with more RAM allowing for less intensive processor based switching, in spite of Apple's native advantages.

Of course, an apple pro tablet would make up for said RAM shortfall, so again, pick your poison.

While waiting for delivery, I was nervous about my Android after reading the forums, I even installed an older 'stable' version of DjiGo. Didn't matter as the older version insisted on an update to latest. Mavic then updated FW. No issues found, handful of cautious flights so far, no greater than 100m away, but have been pleased with Android. Was ready to by a dedicated phone. Xiaomi Mi5 3Gb RAM.

Sent from my MI 5 using MavicPilots mobile app

But those are only benchmarks on a lower res screen. Multi tasking holds up better on Android through brute force processing power combined with more RAM allowing for less intensive processor based switching, in spite of Apple's native advantages.

Of course, an apple pro tablet would make up for said RAM shortfall, so again, pick your poison.

Android has better multitasking, but IOS is faster in every other way. Geekbench is a measure of pure processing power. Anyway none of this is important. Android has caught up to Apple in performance for the most part. Either platform has plenty of power in the latest devices.

As a pro, I'm running three Android and three iOS system tablets on my DJIs. In case one system stops working for some reason, I have the other to fall back on.
I use my iPhone and my Android device, and my iPad pretty much interchangeably, depending on my mood. My camera operator and VOs mainly use Macs so iPhones and Macbooks for them.
So far there's not been any problems with either system, and I've run several versions of both Android and iOS operating systems, DJI Go, Go4 and Litchi on all of them.
I think we had problems with cheap USB cables and plugs in the beginning, when we were setting up, but since we replaced those, we've not had more than the usual lags, glitches, etc., brought on by Lightbridge. I agree with Nate and the others, there's not much to call between them all these days, so personally I've been running everything (i1, P4P, P3P) off my old Nexus 7, which I think is just the right size for me. Mavic is off my iPhone.

HTH

I started out with my Pixel and was having midflight disconnects and random errors that made me uncomfortable, nothing catastrophic but uncomfortable none the less. Since then I picked up an ipad mini 4 on ebay and its been very reliable and smooth. I can't comment after the newest android update but I really like the way IOS has been.

Reactions: jerniganbrandon
My latest series of disconnects, lags and random errors were not from the tablet side of things at all, but from the HDMI feed out of my camera op's Inspire 1 slave remote.
We had a high end client studio monitor set up on the shoot and it glitched like hell.
The iPad mini (1, not 2) running the older DJI Go app off the same remote (the USB feed, not the HDMI feed) was glitch-free.
So this goes to show that it's not just the tablet interface that can go wonky at times.. :)

I started out with my Pixel and was having midflight disconnects and random errors that made me uncomfortable, nothing catastrophic but uncomfortable none the less.

Same here. I haven't used my Pixel since it disconnected randomly the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR