DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the USB port on the bottom of the mavic RC ? ?

manuel87roma

Reactions
I tried to connect my ipad through the USB port on the bottom of my mavic pro RC but it says not connected it doesn't connect the ipad with the remote and so with the drone. It does nothing to mine. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Did you disconnect the cable on the left side of your remote controller? The bottom USB port will only work when that cable is disconnected.

That seems to screw with many of us. Wasting time trying to figure out why it doesn't work. Who would think.

That seems to screw with many of us. Wasting time trying to figure out why it doesn't work. Who would think.
The people that learn to read, thats who?
Its writing in the little book that comes with your toy. If you say you didn't get one then its available online?

The people that learn to read, thats who?
Its writing in the little book that comes with your toy. If you say you didn't get one then its available online?

*Crickets*

Speaking as someone who has read the included leaflet, manual would be a gross exaggeration, and printed (yes) the latest PDF I can safely say that specific information is obscure at best, to be entirely polite about the documentation for a £1,300 toy.

Makes forums like this rather appropriate

I don't remember that part being written about not having any cable connected to the side connected in order for the bottom USB to work. Maybe it does and I don't remember it dragonfly. You having a bad day. The manuals are like most manuals fair at best cause the product with its almost constant updates changes with the updates. And in allot of cases it's easier to ask the question here in the forum than look through the manual again.

Simply for the record.

The geek in me had me read (again) the manual version 1.6 issued April 2017 last night. While the manual touches on the two USB ports it does so very lightly.

There is no mention that to use the full size USB port the microUSB has to have the cable unplugged. It only states that the microUSB is for charging the controller.

The most it says about the USB port is that a phone or tablet can be plugged in there. Again, no mention of port contention.

Hope this helps others.

@dirkclod is on vacation boys. Life support, life support
No but I do like to sleep occasionally ;)
Guy;s lets not get to excited over this subject of the Manual as it's been discussed to death .
Thanks

Reactions: Hands0n
33513c7744ed675476dd20e1f8c64abc.jpg

forget about the bottom rc usb, it's the bottom usb on the mavic itself, if you remove the white led light panel on the bottm I think you can see a micro -usb port, have anyone tried any software that detects the connection?

I feel so ridiculous! Tried to fly yesterday with my iPad Pro 12.9" for my first time and wouldn't connect for this very reason. I was pissed off, thanks for the tip. Glad this forum exists.

Reactions: Hands0n
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851