DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's up with the Litchi app??

Revoh713

Reactions
So this may have already been addressed, but I didn't see it. I'm seeing conflicting opinions on this app...most are really good as it does a lot of great stuff. But now I am seeing that with the latest update people are hating it saying it used to be great! But now it's terrible!
I am looking or at least was looking to download this but now I'm just confused. Should I get this or not?
Anybody having good or bad luck with it?
Thanks!!!

Reactions: sacballa
Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team

Both Litchi & Autopilot have issues with the v01.03.0500 firmware update - and both are working on fixes.

Not all modes are effected as above FPV and waypoints are fine in Litchi and POI ect are OK in Autopilot.

I'm sure both will have fixes soon.

As for us it worth it? Hell, YES! Using curved paths and POI gimbal control produces great cinematic video. Preplanning flights from a PC/Tablet before you leave home is a great battery/time feature.

Both Litchi & Autopilot have issues with the v01.03.0500 firmware update - and both are working on fixes.

Not all modes are effected as above FPV and waypoints are fine in Litchi and POI ect are OK in Autopilot.

As for us it worth it? ****, YES! Using curved paths and POI gimbal control produces great cinematic video. Preplanning flights from a PC/Tablet before you leave home is a great battery/time feature.

As for us it worth it? ****, YES! Using curved paths and POI gimbal control produces great cinematic video. Preplanning flights from a PC/Tablet before you leave home is a great battery/time feature.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it. I appreciate your input. I just think I'll wait until the bugs are worked out from this new update.

It's a $1200 investment that I'm worried about. Not overly concerned with the 20 bucks for the app. Just would like to know everything is working before I put the big money into the ground somewhere!

Just use the DJi app it works fine for me

Luckily for you, if you loose connection, the Mavic will just hover (or RTH).
Most crashes are human related. I don't like Litchi but have bought it anyway. Don't use it much. Have also Flight Plan. Don't use that at all. Like GS Pro. Most DJI Go 4 and Autopilot

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team
I wonder if this is a coincidence?
Litchi say that the latest firmware showing erratic behaviour does NOT affect waypoint mode, but I had an incident yesterday when flying a simple mission. I completed a circuit and the drone behaved perfectly. I then sent is round the same mission but with altered camera settings.
It completed the mission up to the last waypoint then paused instead of landing, and took off at high speed directly into a tree, breaking the right front leg, and damaging the propellers.
I know that I did not touch the controls as it was coming in to land, but I cannot guarantee that I did not do something inadvertently between missions.
Food for thought and a possible thing to be wary of.

I wonder if this is a coincidence?
Litchi say that the latest firmware showing erratic behaviour does NOT affect waypoint mode, but I had an incident yesterday when flying a simple mission. I completed a circuit and the drone behaved perfectly. I then sent is round the same mission but with altered camera settings.
It completed the mission up to the last waypoint then paused instead of landing, and took off at high speed directly into a tree, breaking the right front leg, and damaging the propellers.
I know that I did not touch the controls as it was coming in to land, but I cannot guarantee that I did not do something inadvertently between missions.
Food for thought and a possible thing to be wary of.

And this is why I'll wait until they get it figured out![emoji106]

Quite wrong. Only DJI can fix this issue. Not litchi or Autopilot

500 is buggy and we know that thanks to Litchi.
I bet dji go faces same issue but Dji will never communicate on it as they always do . Just release an emergency firmware update in few days.

Don't update if you use litchi, I have no problems with it in android on my xioami phone but you know there are many versions of android! Xioami MIUI is one but works well if you turn on USB debugging in developer options...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using MavicPilots mobile app

I updated both the magic and litchi to the latest versions and as stated waypoints missions are not affected so i have flown with no problems at all!
I have used litchi app for over 2 years now with phantoms 2-3-4 and now mavic and even if it cost 100 euros i would still buy it.. especially the missions module is amazing and way more advanced that the dji go app.
For example i plan all my missions on my computer at home, save it on the litchi cloud and then go on location and download it to my mobile phone and press play and there it goes.. all i do is drink my coffee for around 20 minutes while its flying and return back automatically!!
And even better you can send it to missions without the controller being connected to the mavic, even if you loose connection it will keep flying to finish the mission and fly back.. and you don't have to worry about the battery as it will end the mission automatically if there is not enough battery to return home after the mission.
For me personally Litchi has changed the way i use my drones, not only for smoothness of the video but also the possibility of sending it behind mountains or places i couldn't before because when i lost connection the drone would fly back home.

And even better you can send it to missions without the controller being connected to the mavic, even if you loose connection it will keep flying to finish the mission and fly back.. and you don't have to worry about the battery as it will end the mission automatically if there is not enough battery to return home after the mission.
For me personally Litchi has changed the way i use my drones, not only for smoothness of the video but also the possibility of sending it behind mountains or places i couldn't before because when i lost connection the drone would fly back home.

How does that work? Doesn't the app control the flight? I didn't think the Mavic could "think" much without a controller/app connected.

How does that work? Doesn't the app control the flight? I didn't think the Mavic could "think" much without a controller/app connected.

The mission you create inside the app is uploaded onto the mavic before started. It's than the mavic systems who run the mission by demands of the uploaded script.

I'm new to the Mavic, well it arrives tomorrow if the snow doesn't effect UPS here in MD. Sooooo that being said with my P4P if Litchi freaks out I just fly the bird without it. Does it work the same with a Mav?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it. I appreciate your input. I just think I'll wait until the bugs are worked out from this new update.

I use it exclusively and love it. I especially like planning waypoint flights with Mission Hub on my Mac. You can also save most other flight modes created on your phone or tablet so you can fly again at another time. Just wish you could also plan them in Mission Hub.

Reactions: jag32266

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143