DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's with this Jello? Do I need to get my Mavic replaced?

From other posts here, and from your cold scene in your video, I think the answer (or one answer) is temperature acclimation / cold-soak.

If it is cold outside, let the Mavic cool down for 30min before you fly. If it is warm outside, let the Mavic warm up to match the ambient temperature. When the Mavic gimbal is not at ambient temperature, it has an effect on its ability to lock on and compensate for vibrations.

Let us know if that helps!

I had jello like this start to appear on my Mavic and haven't had a crash or even a hard landing. I calibrated the gimbal and the IMU and after that the jello went away. Also you can check to make sure your gimbal bracket hasn't popped out of the tabs designed to hold it in. There was a lengthy post on the forums here discussing it at length. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

From other posts here, and from your cold scene in your video, I think the answer (or one answer) is temperature acclimation / cold-soak.

If it is cold outside, let the Mavic cool down for 30min before you fly. If it is warm outside, let the Mavic warm up to match the ambient temperature. When the Mavic gimbal is not at ambient temperature, it has an effect on its ability to lock on and compensate for vibrations.

Let us know if that helps!

I think this is it, I haven't tried yet but did notice that the Jello lessened as my flight went on

90722ab99bb45ba942b601e5f1aabc67.png

What I do with mine is that if it is cold outside I leave the Mavic in the car in a carrying case that I bought, water proof, without the battery. On cold days I keep the battery warm inside but leave the aircraft outside in the car to avoid the jello effect.

Aside from the Jello effect I like the quality. what settings were you using?

What I do with mine is that if it is cold outside I leave the Mavic in the car in a carrying case that I bought, water proof, without the battery. On cold days I keep the battery warm inside but leave the aircraft outside in the car to avoid the jello effect.

Aside from the Jello effect I like the quality. what settings were you using?

The only change I made was set it to 2.7k

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61