DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's Wrong With This Picture?

octoruss

Reactions
I'm a new Mavic owner, and thought I could connect my fullsize iPad to the Mavic controller with a standard lightning to USB cable.

As you can see by the photo, the controller has connected to the Mavic with no problem. But the DJI Go 4 app says disconnected.

I've tried two different cables. What could I be doing wrong?

Attachments

• mavic.jpg
    mavic.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Maverick
Just to test, use the genuine DJI cable to connect your iPad, I think it's a cable issue cause I've had the same problem. Also, when you first plug into the iPad you should hear a chime sound meaning there is a connection.

Also, I can't see it in your photo but you must unplug the standard cable from the side port of the controller

I'm a new Mavic owner, and thought I could connect my fullsize iPad to the Mavic controller with a standard lightning to USB cable.

As you can see by the photo, the controller has connected to the Mavic with no problem. But the DJI Go 4 app says disconnected.

You have to disconnect (unplug) the side cable when using the bottom USB and what version iPad?

Unplug the short cable from the side.

I had the same issue before.
It was exactly the same as everyone mentioned above.
- Use DJI cable
- Unplug small cable on the side of your RC
Then it should be fine.

Remove the cable connected to the side connector and the lower USB should be fine

Haven't tried with the new firmware but I can use one of my MP battery and plug it into my controller and run my I pad through the USB and it gives me more flight time on the controller as it runs of the MP battery not the controller battery

Haven't tried with the new firmware but I can use one of my MP battery and plug it into my controller and run my I pad through the USB and it gives me more flight time on the controller as it runs of the MP battery not the controller battery
That works too, just having a dead cable on the side messes it up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser