DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's wrong with this video?

daithi23

Reactions
Hi all, I was trying out some video yesterday, just a family day out which I was not going to colour-grade. I tried these settings:
1080 - 60 FPS, MP4, NTSC, Auto White Balance, -1,0,0 and D-Cinelike Colour

Here's a still from the video I got:

View media item 165
I tried a few other shots the last few days trying to see what's best for clips to be colour graded using D-Log and Art and even though it looked flat it still looked way better than this - this looks like a bad Instagram filter has been put on top. Any idea what's going on?
Also any suggestions for point-and-shoot video settings? And is there any way to see what the settings were on your video when you transfer them to the computer? Would be good for comparison. Thanks.

Don't use 60fps for a start.
If not doing any colour editing None with -1 or -2 sharpening and maybe -1 saturation works quite well.
I like Art with -2, 0, 0 which only needs slight adjustment to contrast and saturation.
Also if you can work with LUTs Ground Control have a free one designed to work with Art at -1, -3, -3.

Reactions: dam
if you are going to shoot video at 60fps I would set the settings to manual, ISO 100 and shutter to 1/120. If you have filters you would need an ND8 with these settings otherwise it is going to look over exposed.

Don't use 60fps for a start.
If not doing any colour editing None with -1 or -2 sharpening and maybe -1 saturation works quite well.
I like Art with -2, 0, 0 which only needs slight adjustment to contrast and saturation.
Also if you can work with LUTs Ground Control have a free one designed to work with Art at -1, -3, -3.

I tried some different frame rates today and yuck, anything above 30FPS looks awful! I'll do some more tests tomorrow with your suggestions

I had a problem with this fliter like effect while shooting 1080 with no sharpening at 25fps, but when i set the camera up to 2.7 k all look grat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000