DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats your 4K TV/Monitor Setup

I've an Asus MX27UQ, a 4K monitor in 27". It's really nice to watch the mavic footage on it. I bought it for editing purpose mostly.

Wonder why my Vizio 50" 4K says can't read file from home network. It sees the icon image of my vid. Guess I should post this elsewhere instead of hijacking this thread?

Wonder why my Vizio 50" 4K says can't read file from home network. It sees the icon image of my vid. Guess I should post this elsewhere instead of hijacking this thread?

Most likely has something to do with the video compression/encoding. Make sure your TV supports MPEG-4 AVC/H.264.

Samsung 65' tv + 40' philips pc display. Tv is on lan and plays video from my NAS. Once you see your own uhd video you are addicted.

Samsung 65' tv + 40' philips pc display. Tv is on lan and plays video from my NAS. Once you see your own uhd video you are addicted.

Aint it but. had my set for 2 and a bit years and i had never upped the resolution outside of a demo.

Mavic + UHD Tv +Smartphone, like KFC 3 piece meal
and you can upsize it with your iPad mini

Sony 75 inch 4K HDR Bravia XBR75X850C. The picture is THE very best I could find anywhere on any model for less than $4000, and I comparison shopped and researched for 6 months. I download the videos via usb cable directly from the Mavic into a MacBook so I never remove the SD card. Then I plug the MacBook directly into the TV using a Firebolt-to-HDMI cable: instant 4K 75inch monitor! Works great. The Sony will play .MP4 files fine, but not .MOV files. You can set what type of files the Mavic creates in the settings. 128GB thumb drives didnt have a fast enough transfer rate to play large files, and Wifi or Bluetooth wireless transfers significantly degraded the picture quality.

Sony 75 inch 4K HDR Bravia XBR75X850C. The picture is THE very best I could find anywhere on any model for less than $4000, and I comparison shopped and researched for 6 months. I download the videos via usb cable directly from the Mavic into a MacBook so I never remove the SD card. Then I plug the MacBook directly into the TV using a Firebolt-to-HDMI cable: instant 4K 75inch monitor! Works great. The Sony will play .MP4 files fine, but not .MOV files. You can set what type of files the Mavic creates in the settings. 128GB thumb drives didnt have a fast enough transfer rate to play large files, and Wifi or Bluetooth wireless transfers significantly degraded the picture quality.

Lol 6 months!?! During that time the models you first started comparing were discontinued. You can never get ahead in the TV game. Really, after OLED/QLED it's really becoming a dead horse death match. Just about any mid-high end TV looks awesome these days.

Any reason why you choose not to remove the SD to copy? I never tried direct copy from the Mavic but on the P3 it was horribly slow. Oh and the Mavic 4k is recorded at 59.94 Mbit/s. So any Class 3 SD memory or USB 3 stick will play just fine. Just don't get a super cheap one and it should be fine. I copy the vids over to my Nvidia Sheild which has a USB 3 stick in it and it plays without problems.

Apparently the TV doesn't support the codec used by the Mavic. You could always find a format which works on the TV and transcode the footage. The drawback is the file size would probably increase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000