When Does Mavic Disappear

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by Cookedinlh, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Cookedinlh

Cookedinlh Well-Known Member

I'm seeing lots of RANGE test videos and ALTITUDE records for Phantom and Mavic . . what I want to know is how . . . cause I don't actually have mine yet . . .(yea I'm jealous) . . How far can you see a Mavic Pro under optimal conditions.? I loose sight of my Phantom 4 at about 1300ft if I take my eyes off it . . . If I keep focused on it then maybe between 1600 and 1800ft if the lighting is good. Mavic is even smaller cross-section so I expect it will be less . . but how much less?. I'm talking VLOS (Visual Line Of Sight) . . no binoculars.

Anyone share some personal experience I can at least dream about?
    Thanks
    Cookedinlh

2. johnie

johnie Active Member

it looks like your in the same boat as me. You can see your Mavic until you order it and then it disappears forever :)

Cookedinlh likes this.
  3. Stefan350

Stefan350 Well-Known Member

Don't have any light left or I would test this out for it. But for my short time of having the mavic, I know you can see clearly from 200-300ft up compared to my P4. Closer to the ground its a different story.

4. JakeS

JakeS Active Member

I have flown a few times and about 200-300 feet of elevation and about 1000 feet distance is what I get for visual line of sight until I start to loose it.

5. Cookedinlh

Cookedinlh Well-Known Member

ROTFL . . rolling on the floor laughing . . . not the answer I was looking for but . . . it will keep me smiling as I anticipate the moment the UPS truck arrives . . thanks;)

6. Fireblade

Fireblade Well-Known Member

i think when the Mavic transforms to flightmode ( yea it's a transformer), it's almost as wide as a phantom right? Plus the dark grey I'm assuming will b easier to see during the daytime? Imo, it might end up being the same in the end.