DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When it all comes together

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I want to say first how helpful this forum and the PhantomPilots forum have been to me in learning more and more about the Phantom and the Mavic; I own one of each and have been nothing but pleased with their performance, with one hiccup. The DJI GO 4 app still seems to just hang and/or drop out unexpectedly, as several others have mentioned. I run a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

I want to share a video where it all came together for me. From this forum, I have learned a tremendous amount about professional video, particularly in controlling the exposure settings and most recently learning about ND filters and the wonderful exposure control wheel on the right side of the controller. I know that more experienced pilots and videographers will find fault with my video, but that’s not my point. For me, it’s a giant step forward on my personal learning curve.

I got the Fly More combo through Amazon, and used up all three batteries taking the footage for this event. True to form, right in the middle of this event, the GO4 app dropped out with the error message “the GO4 application has closed unexpectedly” and the REPORT option, while the Mavic was hovering about 30 feet in the air. Fortunately, as others have noted, the Mavic can still be flown until the app gets re-started.

I mentioned in another post that my exposure value (E.V.) display stopped working a couple of weeks ago; the night before this event I took the (worrisome) step of deleting the GO4 app and re-installing it. My E.V. display is back to normal!!

Specs:
Mavic Pro
4K 30fps
100 ISO
ND4 and ND8 filters from Taco RC
Pretty successful at staying near the shutter speed target of 60 (2x the frames per second) using the exposure wheel
Edited with Adobe Premiere Elements 15
Exported to MP4 1080p for posting
Music obtained from incompetech | Custom Production Music and also Graph Paper

Reactions: hammer73
Excellent ..... hope you got paid for that one. Good music too ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000