DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When you.. make a circle ..

sozi81

Reactions
Hello everybody,
I've just seen this video
where the user crashed his drone while doing a circle.
I mean, if you use this function (circle mode) to follow and track something...
does the drone detect the surrounding trees etc etc?

Thanks

Hello everybody,
I've just seen this video
where the user crashed his drone while doing a circle.
I mean, if you use this function (circle mode) to follow and track something...
does the drone detect the surrounding trees etc etc?

Thanks
The Mavic only has obstacle avoidance for the front... He was flying an orbit going sideways, and there is no way the Mavic can detect objects to the side.

I understand. Like also in this video
(more clear). Okay, so if I want to do this kind of videos... what should I do? Get my drone higher than everything? I mean, does it maintain the position? or he can also decide which altitude?

You need to make sure you're higher than any obstacles around, and also to fly VLOS so you can actually see what the Mavic is doing... You can also try flying orbits/POI manually instead of using the "smart" features since this gives you full manual control of the Mavic and means that you can stop the Mavic at any point in time by simply centering the sticks instead of fumbling with trying to hit the "pause" button on the remote.

--edit--
I just watched the video you linked above, and the guy was riding his bike, not paying attention to the drone and expects the Mavic to be completely safe tracking him... Not a responsible pilot at all..

Thanks Greg for your answer.
But...I like to run or bike..and I cannot have control of my MAVIC.
So, can I get an high altitude (i.e. 70 meters) (really above every tree / building) and trust my Drone will make circle without descending?

Thanks Greg for your answer.
But...I like to run or bike..and I cannot have control of my MAVIC.
So, can I get an high altitude (i.e. 70 meters) (really above every tree / building) and trust my Drone will make circle without descending?

Trust me when I say that this isn't the best way to use your drone.. No automation takes the place of an alert pilot who is fully in control of his aircraft. If you really want a movie of you biking or running, get someone else to fly the drone while you bike/run. Don't try to do this yourself. You're just asking for trouble.

The drone is quite intelligent, but that is no substitution for operator brains.
Like always; be aware of the drone and it's surroundings.

Having said that, yes, you can alter the trajectory of the drone whilst doing active track or POI mode. So if you leave it alone, it will keep circling, but you can change the radius, altitude and speed during this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji