DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When you try to fly Mavic in Dense Fog and Rainy condition... 4K Footage

Manny T

Reactions
Just when you thought flying in rainy and foggy condition is boring... I tried to fly your Mavic in Dense Foggy and rainy condition... came out with some surprising result...

You're very rich or just not that educated. I do not think every shot in this video is shot with the Mavic Pro in any kind of flight mode other then being held in your hand (around the dog, through the railings and forward facing camera view along the guide way). Yes there were some drone looking shots and maybe they were a done with a drone but I personally think this is a bad video to put out when all the warnings are clear about flying in damp/moist/rainy/snow conditions. If you're going to do it here explain your logic when all the warnings tell us not to.

Sorry, I'm a Noob but a well researched one, who doesn't have $2000 to throw away..... I'm Canadian and I paid 18 something for the fly more package.

The shot through the railing looks very close to not being possible with the Mavic as the upright of the railing on the right side is too close and the propellers would have hit it. The walking forward while the Mavic is being moved away from the subject is absolutely doable in Tripod mode. Or by turning on the setting that allows the Mavic to fly backwards if an obstacle is detected in front of it. Around the dog seems impossible as the prop noise from the Mavic Pro would be a huge deterrent to pets.

In the states if one purchases Personal Article policy from StateFarm for 5 bucks a month it will totally cover water damage so its really not a huge loss of investment. Thats what insurance is for. Its not "throwing away" anything.

The issue is one of safety as one of the issues with water intrusion is that the electronics of the Mavic could malfunction in unpredictable ways.

I fly in very light snow and have flown through low lying cloud layers briefly with no adverse effects. Rain is not something that I want to attempt though if there are other people anywhere nearby.

I think this video is a hybrid Splicing hand held footage with Mavic Pro drone footage.

I've been looking at gimbal for GoPro, wondering how they compare to Mavic footage. Quite different!
Hilarious the outburst and criticisms you got for flying through railings or up to the mutt. I hope you're not downhearted by the foolishness.

You're very rich or just not that educated. I do not think every shot in this video is shot with the Mavic Pro in any kind of flight mode other then being held in your hand (around the dog, through the railings and forward facing camera view along the guide way). Yes there were some drone looking shots and maybe they were a done with a drone but I personally think this is a bad video to put out when all the warnings are clear about flying in damp/moist/rainy/snow conditions. If you're going to do it here explain your logic when all the warnings tell us not to.

Sorry, I'm a Noob but a well researched one, who doesn't have $2000 to throw away..... I'm Canadian and I paid 18 something for the fly more package.

I should have mentioned it above, but i have specified on my description on youtube, the shots going through railing and around the dog wasn't shot with mavic, it was gopro with karma grip, i wouldnt be so stupid to even attempted that. other than that, the rest are shot with the drone.

That dog is fearless! How close to the propellers did he/she get? Well done.

the shot close to the dog were not of mavic, it was gopro hero5 with karma grip, I wouldn't or will never put a drone that close to a dog, no chance... for safety of animal and for the price of the drone, not going to happen. Thanks

Last edited:
I've been looking at gimbal for GoPro, wondering how they compare to Mavic footage. Quite different!
Hilarious the outburst and criticisms you got for flying through railings or up to the mutt. I hope you're not downhearted by the foolishness.

haha, to be fair to them i didnt mentioned it clearly, the footages i put together were a combinations of mavic and gopro hero 5 on karma grip, the shot going through railings were karma grip, no way ever that a drone will go through a cup size height.

The shot through the railing looks very close to not being possible with the Mavic as the upright of the railing on the right side is too close and the propellers would have hit it. The walking forward while the Mavic is being moved away from the subject is absolutely doable in Tripod mode. Or by turning on the setting that allows the Mavic to fly backwards if an obstacle is detected in front of it. Around the dog seems impossible as the prop noise from the Mavic Pro would be a huge deterrent to pets.

In the states if one purchases Personal Article policy from StateFarm for 5 bucks a month it will totally cover water damage so its really not a huge loss of investment. Thats what insurance is for. Its not "throwing away" anything.

The issue is one of safety as one of the issues with water intrusion is that the electronics of the Mavic could malfunction in unpredictable ways.

I fly in very light snow and have flown through low lying cloud layers briefly with no adverse effects. Rain is not something that I want to attempt though if there are other people anywhere nearby.

I think this video is a hybrid Splicing hand held footage with Mavic Pro drone footage.

you sir, are correct! like i've said already, it was a combination of gopro hero5 with karma grip and mavic pro, the one close to railing is impossible to achieve ( i will never try that), the shot with dog nearby (for the safety of the animal, i will never try that either) as for the scene moving walking forward, that is of mavic, and you're right, it is tripod mode.

the shot close to the dog were not of mavic, it was gopro hero5 with karma grip, I wouldn't or will never put a drone that close to a dog, no chance... for safety of animal and for the price of the drone, not going to happen. Thanks

I figured that there was no way you would fly the Mavic so close to a dog or a railing for that matter.

I figured that there was no way you would fly the Mavic so close to a dog or a railing for that matter.

yep, to fly drone near an animal or a person would be stupid, and to fly through a cup size height railing... not a chance... would never risk that stunt...

Only thing is, the gimbal will still have a bit of vibration, you can fix that in post thought

It was a gloomy/cloudy day, I was outdoor working out with the Mavic, managed to get some footages of the drone doing Active Tracking and Point of Interest, safe to say they've worked to its best ability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS