DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where can I find previous versions of the DJI go4 app

Rick

Reactions
I'm looking for Android DJI go4 app versions to download to my Android tablet. I've searched this forum and the DJI Mavic forum for links but without success.
Specifically I can no longer connect my Samsung S2 tablet with the latest go4.0.7 when the previous version 4.0.6 was fine.

Last edited:
Have you tried connecting the usb cable to the S2 and RC, switch the RC on and then power on the S2. This is the only way I can get the two to connect.

See my post on how to connect a S2 when trying to use Lichi and GO 4.07. Let me know if it helped.

Hi borislip, guess you didn't have any more luck than me googling that either. The only thing I could find was an apk mirror site that lists two versions of the 4.0.6 app. Not sure whether to trust the site or which version I would choose, both of which were android but with different numeral descriptions. I simply want to find the 4.0.6 version which must lurk somewhere on a DJI web site.
Mavic 57, thanks for the reply. I posted a video on how to get the later S2 to connect to the Mavic controller, and yes, I've managed to get Litchi to connect but not DJI 4.0.7. However, 4.0.6 seemed to work OK.

Last edited:
I should add that I can get the S2 to load the DJI go 4.0.7 app when connected using the usb cable, but the screen gui shows the Mavic as "disconnected", and no data is being displayed from the Mavic. My use of the word in my op "connect" is misleading, although "disconnected" is the only viable information I'm receiving!

Hi borislip, guess you didn't have any more luck than me googling that either. The only thing I could find was an apk mirror site that lists two versions of the 4.0.6 app. Not sure whether to trust the site or which version I would choose, both of which were android but with different numeral descriptions. I simply want to find the 4.0.6 version which must lurk somewhere on a DJI web site.
Mavic 57, thanks for the reply. I posted a video on how to get the later S2 to connect to the Mavic controller, and yes, I've managed to get Litchi to connect but not DJI 4.0.7. However, 4.0.6 seemed to work OK.

Hello Rick,

I have used this site three times with no issues at all. I was given the info about the apk site from another member.

Here is the apkmirror website I used.
You searched for DJI Go - APKMirror

Back when Go4 ver.4.0.5 came out I upgraded my Huawei Raven phone. I started getting "No Signal" during flight and kept crashing so I downgraded back to ver.4.0.4 (variant #1021523) that is listed on the apkmirror website. When Ver.4.0.6 came out I decided to give it a go. During 2nd flight the app crashed and I had a black screen. I activated RTH and thankfully my drone came back home and landed. Needless to say I deleted all DJI files and uninstalled the app. Restarted my phone and downloaded Go4 ver.4.0.4 again off the apkmirror website. Everything back to normal. I have also loaded and use the older GO3 app ver.3.1.3 on my Sam Tab A6 and runs flawless. Although it always says DJI no longer supports the app for Mavic Pro, it works great.
Oh... I also downgraded the firmware back to .550 using DJI Assistant2.

Last edited:
...The only thing I could find was an apk mirror site that lists two versions of the 4.0.6 app...
Same here, I've extracted the manifests from those 2 versions in order to find out what are those versions intended for. The 4.0.6-1* is for phones, 4.0.6-2* is for tablets.

Hi Ramjet & borislip. Your replies are extremely helpful, so thank you both very much. Interesting that the apk site lists both tablet and phone variants of the same version number, when DJI make no reference to such variants, unless this is detected somehow by DJI.
Reading the reports from numerous owners, I'm convinced that one man's working combination of software and firmware may be unusable to another. Whether this is due to subtle variants in manufacturers products like the early Samsung S2 tablet working flawlessly and later versions not, or the combination of unrelated apps conspiring to interfere with the smooth processing of the go app and Mavic firmware I don't know. Still, it's interesting and encouraging to hear of working software and firmware combinations from owners enjoying trouble free flight.
Thanks again fellas.

The DJI doesn't have to detect if its a tablet or a phone, Google Play knows what you've got and deploys the correct variant for you. Sideloading it from a different source? Its up to you to fetch the correct apk then!

Hi Ramjet & borislip. Your replies are extremely helpful, so thank you both very much. Interesting that the apk site lists both tablet and phone variants of the same version number, when DJI make no reference to such variants, unless this is detected somehow by DJI.
Reading the reports from numerous owners, I'm convinced that one man's working combination of software and firmware may be unusable to another. Whether this is due to subtle variants in manufacturers products like the early Samsung S2 tablet working flawlessly and later versions not, or the combination of unrelated apps conspiring to interfere with the smooth processing of the go app and Mavic firmware I don't know. Still, it's interesting and encouraging to hear of working software and firmware combinations from owners enjoying trouble free flight.
Thanks again fellas.

Hi Rick... Glad to try and help with your request. Regarding different app versions I am running. The only reason I have the GO-3 ver. app on my Samsung Tab A6 is I had read in forum that it was hands down very stable. It is running just fine with firmware .550 and .400 before that. When I bought the Mavic back in February I had GO-4 ver. 4.0.3 and an upgrade (4.0.4) came out not long afterwards. Well ver. 4.0.4 was very stable with the exception of some video lag every now and then due to local cache being enabled while shooting videos (processor load on phone) with local cache off, no video lag so that is why I downgraded back to 4.0.4. The firmware .055 hasn't been an issue yet with either app version that I am running. I have 108 flights and total distance traveled is 959,014 ft. to date. I had issues with app ver.4.0.5 constantly intermittently going from GPS to No Signal so I never used it for long and downgraded back to 4.0.4. When app.4.0.6 came out I bit the bullet and upgraded the firmware and app. After my phone screen went black on the 2nd flight I downgraded back to 4.0.4. No more issues and is very stable. My phone is Android 4.4.4. and Sam Tab A is 5.1.1.

Once again many thanks to you two guys and mavic57 for troubling to reply with more information. I really appreciate your help, user experience and general information.

Hello Rick,

I have used this site three times with no issues at all. I was given the info about the apk site from another member.

Here is the apkmirror website I used.
You searched for DJI Go - APKMirror

Back when Go4 ver.4.0.5 came out I upgraded my Huawei Raven phone. I started getting "No Signal" during flight and kept crashing so I downgraded back to ver.4.0.4 (variant #1021523) that is listed on the apkmirror website. When Ver.4.0.6 came out I decided to give it a go. During 2nd flight the app crashed and I had a black screen. I activated RTH and thankfully my drone came back home and landed. Needless to say I deleted all DJI files and uninstalled the app. Restarted my phone and downloaded Go4 ver.4.0.4 again off the apkmirror website. Everything back to normal. I have also loaded and use the older GO3 app ver.3.1.3 on my Sam Tab A6 and runs flawless. Although it always says DJI no longer supports the app for Mavic Pro, it works great.
Oh... I also downgraded the firmware back to .550 using DJI Assistant2.
Have you found where ver 4.0.6 can be downloaded from for iOS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser