DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do you post your videos?

Where do you post your Mavic Pro videos?

• YouTube

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Facebook Video

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Instagram

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Vimeo

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Twitter Video

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Snapchat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forums (like this one)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Blog

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Syphon

Reactions
Alright, so after you fly and create a fun video, where do you normally post your videos up at? I have been posting mine to YouTube and Facebook normally but I tried one out on Instagram the other day.

Where do you see the most engagement?

Posting and storing are part of my post-flight procedure. As soon as I get back home, I empty my SD card, copy it to my server for storage, and then upload it to Youtube to share it, if it's something I want to share.

Posting and storing are part of my post-flight procedure. As soon as I get back home, I empty my SD card, copy it to my server for storage, and then upload it to Youtube to share it, if it's something I want to share.
I have a very similar routine that I follow.

Reactions: Former Member
Do you edit the video at all or just upload the raw footage?

Do you edit the video at all or just upload the raw footage?

I try to be selective on what I shoot so I dont have a huge file to upload. I offload the SD to the server, edit it on Premiere on a local computer, then upload the edited file to Youtube. If Im in a rush, I just upload the whole thing to Youtube then edit it locally later.

Youtube... but I haven't made a proper video in months. Sometimes I upload a short unedited clip to post in some discussion if the context matches but that would be unreferenced.

Youtube... but I haven't made a proper video in months. Sometimes I upload a short unedited clip to post in some discussion if the context matches but that would be unreferenced.
I have a ton of footage I have not put up anywhere...mostly of lakes and rivers in my county. Was going to do a big video that would be something like "The Lakes and Rivers of Seminole" or something like that lol

Shooting is the easy part, editing takes a long time to get it right. Best to get a pen and paper (im old school), write down your beginning and end points of the clips you want to use, and then start to edit them together. Long videos get boring for viewers to watch, best to just include the best scenes. When I edit, I use 2-3 seconds of a clip and then transition on to another.

Reactions: Syphon
I like vimeo and have a paid account, I find that their settings keep more of the quality of the video than the others do.

Can you go into more detail about Vimeo? Do you have you have a paid account? Will a paid account allow you more privileges than a nonpaid? I like Youtube but always looking for other options.

Reactions: sancap
I started another post (and may still make it... but it's controversial) but did not post it. I'll mention it here. In a recent video from Casey Neistat he mentions something that is _so_ very true. First, he talks about creating videos (the main point was to tell a story and how to tell the story). So he mentions using a drone and that he uses this to allow the viewer to "see" where they are at. It's used to help tell the story. In that context he says.... no one wants to watch an entire video of drone shots. I could not agree more! Hey, if that is what someone wants to do and post, great! More power to you. But let's face the truth.... 99% of the time they are as boring as boring can be.

With that said, I post edited videos to YouTube. Most of my views are on tutorials. But I do also post videos of interesting places. However, most of the shots are from land and I try to use drone shots as B clips and/or to establish a location.

I like Thunderdrones post in this thread... I'm right there with you!

No one wants to watch 10 minutes of a drone flying around a grain silo. Sorry.

Can you go into more detail about Vimeo? Do you have you have a paid account? Will a paid account allow you more privileges than a nonpaid? I like Youtube but always looking for other options.

I have the Pro paid account. Vimeo allows me to put my logos on the video, it allows me to remove their vimeo logo. I can remove and replace the video without changing the URL. I get to choose what happens at the end of the video, looping or other videos of my choice etc. I can change the title and description any time, I can choose the starting image. There are lots of privacy features that can be adjusted any time. There are lots of option that can be chosen for embedding. I think the image quality is less compressed and better than most of the other options.

Reactions: hookalakupua
I'll mention it here. In a recent video from Casey Neistat he mentions something that is _so_ very true. First, he talks about creating videos (the main point was to tell a story and how to tell the story). So he mentions using a drone and that he uses this to allow the viewer to "see" where they are at. It's used to help tell the story. In that context he says.... no one wants to watch an entire video of drone shots. I could not agree more!

No one wants to watch 10 minutes of a drone flying around a grain silo. Sorry.

Hah, yeah I saw that one of his. It really made me think about the videos I am going to do going forward. Using the drone as a great scene transition or to establish the location, but not all drone shots. I kinda did that in my latest video but still feel my drone shots were too long at parts.

Hah, yeah I saw that one of his. It really made me think about the videos I am going to do going forward. Using the drone as a great scene transition or to establish the location, but not all drone shots. I kinda did that in my latest video but still feel my drone shots were too long at parts.

If someone only wants to post a 10 minute drone video of trees... more power to them.

Usually there is some hate here when Neistat's name is mentioned but I think he makes a good point. A good video tells a story. Drone shots alone usually don't tell a good story. Coming from this point of view, it's easier to understand his comments about seeing the hardware as a means to an end. Sometimes this means the hardware is going to be treated rough. But the end product is what is important. Many people here don't see that (and that is fine). They see an expensive drone as what is important.

So, perhaps more to your point in creating this thread.... it might not be as much about where the video is posted as to the video content itself. Instagram and YT are going to have different flavors. Even FB does. I 100% HATE FB. It's a load of crap. But it's popular so I created a page to put my YT videos out. I do end up getting a lot of views through FB (arrgggg). So I can't discount it. As I understand it, if you want to be big(ger) on social media you need post on multiple formats.

Reactions: Syphon
I have the Pro paid account. Vimeo allows me to put my logos on the video, it allows me to remove their vimeo logo. I can remove and replace the video without changing the URL. I get to choose what happens at the end of the video, looping or other videos of my choice etc. I can change the title and description any time, I can choose the starting image. There are lots of privacy features that can be adjusted any time. There are lots of option that can be chosen for embedding. I think the image quality is less compressed and better than most of the other options.
I do the same. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing better available.

Video storage, professional review tools, and more | Vimeo PRO

Reactions: sancap

AND!

No adverts.

That wins it for me Thumbswayup

I use U-Tube but my internet service here sucks! 18mbs d/load & 1mbs upload, it's all that is available in my area! :mad:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+