DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the WOW thread, and a couple of observations

sdharris

Reactions
Just completed my first flight, and I have had a few drones, a P1, P2, P3Pro and a Yuneec Typhoon H and none of them compare with the quality, stability and precision of the Mavic. If anyone is questioning whether they should have pre-ordered question it no more.

By the time it had arrived, I had the batteries charged and finished work for the day it was dusk but I had a quick test flight.

I noticed if you don't spread out the props prior to starting it kicks the Mavic Pro around on the floor a bit, nothing major but it does rotate it around somewhat. I would also say the bag in the fly more package is of quality construction but I think it is just a bit too small in the interior to hold it comfortably. I am sure it will loosen up but you have to be careful the props aren't getting caught or bending outwards when you slide it in.

I also think I might have love hate relationship with the controller and my Samsung Edge S7. DJI GO worked fine but getting that USB cable plugged in and the phone in the holder without touching the edge of the screen, or pressing the home button on the phone was a bit of a pain.

If you want to see how the camera performs with the cover on (I wanted to see how it lands before going naked) at dusk I did upload a video to YouTube. All settings auto, PAL at 24fps.....

How does the Mavic handle wind? That is my only consern that it won't handle it too well.

That is some beautiful footage! Don't know where you live, but that lake looks nice with the colored clouds in the back. Thanks for sharing your review and comparison to the phantom line. I am glad now that I ordered the Mavic. All that needs to happen now is for DJI to get on the ball and ship it! I'm missing some great shots of sunrise and sunset in my area!

How does the Mavic handle wind?

I'm afraid today is spookily still with hardly any wind, which makes for nice low lying mist over the fields. But I will test it once the wind picks up.

All that needs to happen now is for DJI to get on the ball and ship it!

As soon as you open the box and pick that thing up you'll know it was worth the wait. Hoping you receive your order soon.

Thanks SD, I will post when that happens. Have fun with the new baby!

Really nicely done. Not too bad with the cover on it.

This is literally seconds after the first take off, did not have the focus mastered but I think it demonstrates the camera in low light at dusk in a better light than my first.

At this point a guy turned up asking questions so I left it hovering up there for a while to talk drones. Not what you want on your first test flight but you have to spread the good word and help promote the industry a bit.

Reactions: sirnikolas
FWOW!
Makes me so envious!!
I might have to edit some of my P3 footage to look like it has a 78 FOV :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member