DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is this 1cm landing feature? Who's had luck?

DrPeppar

Reactions
Maybe it's me and how I fly but I'm not seeing the 1cm on RTH that I heard about. I could have been messing around with the settings at the time, I've only had it a day but every time I landed today it wasn't in the same exact spot.

Am I doing it wrong?

Michael Kincaid on YouTube gets his Mavic Pro to land very very close to his home point using RTH . Then he powers off the controller and allows the Mavic Pro to RTH without any power up of the controller and it lands perfectly.

So the feature definitely works and unsure why you cannot achieve this .

Always slightly off for me. Seems like if you take off in a strong wind, the Mavic moves somewhat horizontally in the first foot of ascension.

From the manual...
"Aircraft must take off vertically. Take off altitude must be greater than 10 meters."
there are some other guidelines to follow, but i'd guess that is the one most people don't do.

"Moving the control sticks in any directions will stop Precision Landing, causing the Mavic Pro to descend vertically. Landing Protection will remain active."

maybe that one too, don't fiddle when it when its trying to work its magic.

Impressive to see this tested and nice to know as a feature it works as designed.

I am almost thinking if it hits the fan when I am flying that powering off the controller should be my emergency response ...

Works great for me when conditions are good on the ground for the image capture. I also have to do my part when taking off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Still waiting on my Mavic so can't confirm but most of the video's I've watched were people 'test' this feature they don't seem to follow the instructions from the manual during takeoff, correct height, time to record home point etc and just zoom away as soon as it's airborne.

I've never had a disaster with my Phantoms but on saying that I think in the event of a disaster I would just be happy it landed somewhere I could see it yet alone be a foot off :D

I think a landing pad with a very distinct pattern will really help also, that is one reason I am having one made.

Yeah that tree comes to mind, too. The obstacle avoidance is pretty impressive as well in the Mavic. Nerve wracking as hell testing it against a tree especially this time of year but I gotta tell you it is working for me way better than expected.

I never had a P4, wonder how it compares to the Mavic's OA?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3