Where the heck are the goggles?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by dinglehead, Nov 17, 2016.

1. dinglehead

dinglehead Well-Known Member

I want them. DJI has gone totally radio silent about them.

I figured we'd hear something around the P4P or I2 release but still nothing.

Mr Spock likes this.
  2. stealle

stealle Well-Known Member

I would like to hear something about the goggles as well. I wish DJI would have waited a little longer for the P4P until the dust settled from the Mavic orders. I'm sure that has got to slow down Mavic production somewhat. I feel bad for people still waiting for their Mavic to arrive, I just got mine yesterday. Regardless, I don't want to further slow down Mavic production, but just an announcement about when they will be released and more info on specs would be nice.

3. Walt Rush

Walt Rush Member

If you don't mind my asking, when was your Mavic order placed? I'm just trying to estimate where I am in the queue.

4. stealle

Unfortunately, I really think it's impossible to estimate when you will get your order. I ordered on Sept 29th from Amazon LLC. I ordered on Oct 13 from Apple. I just received my order from Apple yesterday. Took it on a test flight and seems to be functioning fine so i cancelled my Amazon order today. DJI has been so random with their shipments.

So back to the goggles....

5. Walt Rush

Walt Rush Member

Thanks for the info. Enjoy your new Mavic.

6. GerdS

GerdS Well-Known Member

I also want goggles for the Mavic as I am flying all my copters with goggles for years and hate flying via monitor or even more worse, phone or tablet.
    But the DJI goggles are a) very bulky for transportation and b) may not become available before spring 2017.
    So I ordered a very compact foldable Cardboard goggles yesterday which should arrive tomorrow. I intend using it with the Litschi app.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01MA5DQSR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7. dewster

dewster Well-Known Member

DJI needs to pace themselves. Those factories must be in overdrive.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

8. GerdS

GerdS Well-Known Member

Today I already got the Cardboard goggles mentioned in my latest post and my first impression is very good. My new Sony Xperia XZ works fine with it. I don't have my Mavic yet but I guess the size of the goggles in their box is similar to the Mavic remote and so much much smaller compared to usual cardboard goggles or even the DJI goggles. Now, just my Mavic should arrive and the compatible new Litchi app version should be available on Google Play store...

9. Roderz

Roderz New Member

I think the goggles are very bulky, I would have liked them to be like the Zeiss Cinemizer

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

10. Susruth Maralihalli

11. stealle

I also got a pair of cheap goggles. https://www.amazon.com/BlitzWolf-He...1479526204&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=blitzwold+vr For now, this is my first drone and I've only had 2 short flights (too busy with work and too much crappy weather). After I feel a little more confident, I'll give Litchi a try with my iPhone 6+. I did play around with a few VR apps just to check out the blitzwolf goggles. I was actually pretty impressed with the clarity; better than what I expected.

I will most likely buy the DJI Goggles no matter the cost just to try them out, but If I'm not blown away in comparison to Litchi and my $30 goggles they will be returned. The DJI goggles better be priced sub $400 or be frickin amazing otherwise I can't see people paying big $$$$ for what they can do with Litchi and $30 "cardboard" goggles.

#11 stealle, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  12. taptofocus

taptofocus Active Member

Has anyone

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilotsheard realistic price is being discussed? I certainly would like to have an idea because I am waiting for the FPV goggles

13. WWK888

WWK888 Active Member

You really think DJI will take returns on the goggles if you don't like them? I heard they are very hard to deal with as far as returns if there are no defects involved.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots