DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where the heck are the goggles?

Right, Griping about "where's my Mavic" will (should) be Done in the next week or two...... Now we need something new to gripe about !!! :D:D:D:mad::D:D:D

Hey DJI..... Where's the GOGGLES...... we want them NOW!! (or real soon please)

People are still asking "where the heck is the Mavic?" Lol

Reactions: Heavysledz
Too much latency IMO going from Mavic > controller > phone > HDMI out > goggles. The potential beauty of the DJI goggles (regardless of it's fugly form factor) is a direct low latency (relatively) HD downlink connection to the bird. However, I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I fear the goggles may end up being vaporware or specs may be significantly neutered from the ones that were announced... I have no ''evidence", just a gut feeling. Radio silence on them going back to the day they were announced.

Actually the latency is so low as to be about un-noticeable, granted I've used goggles for a few years and can see some but it really has no impact on using the goggles, a 20th of a second possibility at 22000' distance is not bad at all in my opinion, and much much lower close in! Old rule of thumb never fly faster than you can control! I usually fly for photography and video so no problem for me.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Dont rely on DJI. Epson Moverio 300 has full support for DJI drones, I believe. They are expensive, but they should be ok. At least, Japanese quality.

Dont relay on DJI. Epson Moverio 300 has full support for DJI drones, I believe. They are expensive, but they should be ok. At least, Japanese quality.
If/when they release them...I was on the pre-order and just canceled last week. Didn't like the fact of them holding my $700 for a product that technically doesn't exist for DJI yet.

There is a module they plug into that runs on Android OS

Last edited:
There is a module they plug into that runs on Android OS

OK, now that is slick, running a version of DJI Go on the Maverio android controller. I would guess you control the Mavic solely with the controller with pop up info on the glasses. You could assign some needed controls to the 5D button. I really like the idea of augmented reality where you can still interact with the real world around you while still having the FPV experience. I am not a fan of being fully enclosed and isolated from what is going on around you, unless you have someone else with you all the time some joker could really mess with you while you were 'out of touch' so to speak.

OK, now that is slick, running a version of DJI Go on the Maverio android controller. I would guess you control the Mavic solely with the controller with pop up info on the glasses. You could assign some needed controls to the 5D button. I really like the idea of augmented reality where you can still interact with the real world around you while still having the FPV experience. I am not a fan of being fully enclosed and isolated from what is going on around you, unless you have someone else with you all the time some joker could really mess with you while you were 'out of touch' so to speak.
They're suppose to start shipping at the end of this month

Have heard that before, I will wait until they are available before ordering, I would get these over the DJI goggles if the price point is close, these would be SO much easier to travel with and pack vs those huge goggles.
And you'll still have VLOS...;)

Yep, they are available in the developer edition now, and for the Drone edition at the end of the month, but at $799 it is a very expensive addition to my hobby, me thinks the spouse might balk at the price.

You are getting a bit more for your money with the Epsons'...the controller is an Android OS and there are/will be apps available via the Espson store.

I will be needing some advice for goggles.... almost have my Nvidia Shield K1 setup so next will be a headset ...

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore