DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where the heck are the goggles?

You really think Dji will make their MAVIC Specific goggles cost more than the Mavic Pro itself at only $749 without controller this lil drone is already most expensive in class. I highly doubt they will sell many if thats how its going to be but i'll still try to afford a pair haha ;)

And you'll still have VLOS...;)

Seems like they may not work well for those of us who are far sited and need readers for viewing up close. The website says they fit well over prescription glasses, but putting them over readers is going to make VLOS difficult. It would be better if you could adjust the video screens to match your vision.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Seems like they may not work well for those of us who are far sited and need readers for viewing up close. The website says they fit well over prescription glasses, but putting them over readers is going to make VLOS difficult. I'd would be better if you could adjust the video screens to match your vision.

I wear glasses for reading/computing and have no issues at all when using my Fatsharks

Anthony i have no idea what they cost so was thinking around the £150 mark ....

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app
That's a little less than $200 usd...might be tough finding anything in that price range. The bar for FPV googles is usually set at Fatsharks ($350) and moves up to Cinemizer ($700), Glyph ($500). etc. Headplays ($250), but I have no firsthand knowledge of them.

Ok well at least i now know what the entry level is thanks for that Anthony ... lets hope the exchange rate improves soon :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I wear glasses for reading/computing and have no issues at all when using my Fatsharks

Aren't the Fatsharks adjustable? I use some cheap VR goggles with Litchi and I can focus them to my vision. The difference with these is that you have to have focus on the video image and VLOS through the glasses and my initial look at the website didn't seem to indicate that you could adjust the focus on the video image.

Forget about that Epson glasses. A guy at a German forum has ordered them and reported that the video image is lagging up to 1s and more. Absolutely unusable for real flying. He has returned them.
Also they run an outdated version of DJI GO and it seems to be not possible to install DJI GO4 on them.

Samsung uses occusync technology currently on their goggles so why cant we use those

Also, for ios users... i have a ios to hdmi cable that allows me put my iphone screen up on any hdmi tv or hdmi fpv goggles. So why not use that 20$ adapter cable and some 100$ 1080p HD goggle glasses instead those big goofy cardboard setups for now?

Im tempted to buy the best hd goggles i can find with hdmi input then hook my iphone6s plus to that til these **** things come out dji

I guess android/shield tab is not the only way

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Samsung uses occusync technology currently on their goggles so why cant we use those

Also, for ios users... i have a ios to hdmi cable that allows me put my iphone screen up on any hdmi tv or hdmi fpv goggles. So why not use that 20$ adapter cable and some 100$ 1080p HD goggle glasses instead those big goofy cardboard setups for now?

Im tempted to buy the best hd goggles i can find with hdmi input then hook my iphone6s plus to that til these **** things come out dji

Actually this was tried before...I believe the issue was you would still need to connect the IOS device to the RC

I have the Lightning to HDMI adapter also, and the lightning socket in the adapter is power only, no data, so no way to use them as you phone's one lightning port is going to the controller.

I guess I will be waiting for the CrystalSky monitor with it's HDMI out. I like my Nvidia K1 but it's not very bright out in the sun. So add a pair of FatShark's and I will drop another grand on this hobby, oh well, as I tell my wife, at least I am not running out to the bars.

Reactions: RallySoob
I remember my father had a plaque on the wall that said, "He who dies with the most toys wins!". I plan on winning ;)

Ok so could you get a lightning Y-cable with correct male/female setup to convert one lightning port into 2. Solved. Right?

Or maybe this thing
8ca8378e7b6d2749e77901625cd21a75.jpg

d2920d97f659a3c5bee64e7f88bad1d2.png

d62bf15f31dd51e3cad678440c1adc89.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if the data chips in a Y connector will pass to 2 devices at once, haven't tried one of these, when you get one let us know how it works. You would need USB to 2 lightning plugs, one to the phone and the other to the HDMI adapter. post the link to the last one or list it's spec's.

I guess I will be waiting for the CrystalSky monitor with it's HDMI out. I like my Nvidia K1 but it's not very bright out in the sun. So add a pair of FatShark's and I will drop another grand on this hobby, oh well, as I tell my wife, at least I am not running out to the bars.

No doubt that thing is the biznus...

https://www.dji.com/mobile/crystalsky

Any idea what it will cost & release date

Reactions: charlestwesco
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member