DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where the heck are the goggles?

Nope, DJI isn't talking, some think it may turn out to be Vaporware, along with the Goggles, I tend to agree, at least if not it is a ways down toe road.

Its all speculationi guess... maybe its a good thing they havent spoke yet versus having announced cancelling them. Its understandable that they have not mentioned it yet because its such a highly anticipated product that it must be perfect before its release. And we are so close to that time we are just being inpatient ... i mean its release date was only supposed to be at or shortly after the Mavic's... its safe to say we are still in that period. Keeping in mind they are in the midst of a resource vacuum/production demand with the mavic itself.

They aren't baking cookies over there :p These are highly complex state of the art devices that require the coordination of several different companies, resources etc etc. I find It amazing they are able to meet unforeseen demands this fast with the mavic. Its incredible really...

My guess is they encountered an issue with the occusync slash samsung part of the goggle's design/production

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I currently use Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles myself, and they work fine, but I've been looking at the Eason and BT-300 and another brand that's mid priced and uhdf also.. but until I have the cash,,, the FS are fine,,,,, I'd like to see myself what the ocusync goggles are like but also want something compatible with all of my quads as well

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well I received my Mavic fly more combo today! charged everything up, went out and flew around, sweet control! and with the Nvidia shield K1 hdmi out, hooked up my Fat Shark goggles, and it was even better! the only thing I noticed is that this baby moves so fast it slews around on you! which is kinda cool! put it through every function the go app had and performe very well! This bird is rock solid on control, but unlike the P4P and P4 it will not stop on a dime when its moving!!! hold on people you wont be disappointed!!! nice video! and I didn't do ANY firmware updates NOTHING THIS was straight out of the box! I wont change a thing until I see a need to! Ive done this with all my DJI drones and haven't had any issues except when the 3,1 go app came out the first time, and that's why I wont change anything! BUT all in all I like the Mavic!
Since the Nvidia Shield is a larger device how does that work with the Mavic remote? Seems like it might be awkward. And I assume you go into the Nvidia with the micro USB and then out via the HDMI?

Yes in with USB micro, and plug the goggles into the tablets HDMI out port!as for mounting, there are a few out already, I have a MavMount, and am going to have a fellow pilot 3D print some what's being called "S" mount clips that work really nice!

Since the Nvidia Shield is a larger device how does that work with the Mavic remote? Seems like it might be awkward. And I assume you go into the Nvidia with the micro USB and then out via the HDMI?
Like this ...

227bdc8c58019d4ef6955929f277c21c.jpg

Then just plug your headset into the hdmi port on the side

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
OK, now that is slick, running a version of DJI Go on the Maverio android controller. I would guess you control the Mavic solely with the controller with pop up info on the glasses. You could assign some needed controls to the 5D button. I really like the idea of augmented reality where you can still interact with the real world around you while still having the FPV experience. I am not a fan of being fully enclosed and isolated from what is going on around you, unless you have someone else with you all the time some joker could really mess with you while you were 'out of touch' so to speak.
After checking the specs of the Moverio I think that this is the ideal solution, the Mavic goggles will cost about $500 and will be a Dji-only or worse a Mavic-only solution, for a little less you can have a much more flexible solution.
In theory the Dji goggles will throw you into legal problems if you don't keep a spotter that maintains a line of sight with the drone, Fatsharks or similar are outlaw too for the same reason.
The Moverio solution is the only one that will allow you to legally fly your drone in FPV alone.

IMHO Dji is holding back from releasing the goggles is because they are conscious that given the great success of the Mavic and given the amount of irresponsible people around there will be a lot of accidents caused by not respecting the line of sight rule.

Throwing the goggles to the general public could be a backfire, I find a much safer and legally acceptable solution the Moverio one.

The Moverio controller is too weak for the GO app, high latency as reported by a guy at a German forum who bought it and has meanwhile returned it.

If it is like that it is a clusterf*ck, maybe only a pre-production?
The concept is great, let's hope it can evolve since it is the way to go for FPV.
Can you give me some references about where to find that test? I can read German.

The Moverio controller is too weak for the GO app, high latency as reported by a guy at a German forum who bought it and has meanwhile returned it.
Maybe he bought the BT-200, which is 2014 product, even a 3 years old mobile will have some hard time with latency.
With the BT-300 it seems that there are some relevant improvements.
I think that this is the case since the current model is not in sale yet, only pre-orders.
If that is the case and the lag is decent I'd prefer it over a proprietary product that can be used only for the Mavic.

This is the POWER only port for supping power from a charger block to your phone while watching movies, no data pass-thru, I tested it.

So the mavic controler has 2 usb ports. Are both active at same time? Maybe there is a way to use IOS devices with HDMI googles at same time. Purchased this adapter and goggles only to find out the second connector is only power so I cannot use my goggles with my IOS devices and dont want to invest in another device just to fly the Mavic. Maybe some ideas?

So the mavic controler has 2 usb ports. Are both active at same time? Maybe there is a way to use IOS devices with HDMI googles at same time. Purchased this adapter and goggles only to find out the second connector is only power so I cannot use my goggles with my IOS devices and dont want to invest in another device just to fly the Mavic. Maybe some ideas?

Currently you have 2 options:
1) Purchased NVIDIA Shield ($200)
2) Purchase the Cardboard Box style goggles and fly with Litchi

So, there is also this option, it is a wireless 5G wifi dongle that uses Airplay to receive you IOS screen and output it to a HDMI plug, if your device has mini HDMI as most goggles do then you will a HDMI>mini hdmi adapter. This has been verified to work by another forum member, and I have one on order to test it, should be here soon and I will post results.

05-03-2017.

Hi everybody,
I bought and payed a mavic pro the 12 of December 2016. The firm I purchased it from was globe flight.
Until this day I'm waiting for delivery. I complained at Globeflight and at DJI. Both apparently aren't interested in in costumer services after payment is received.
On top of that I get emails from DJI saying " buy your mavic pro now and receive it within days", which is extremely annoying under the circumstances.

I was wondering if this is an exception or common policy. Did anyone make the same experience?
Rgds Ruud

Has anyone got a foolproof method to use goggles with the Mavic Pro?

even solutions were you put the phone inside the goggles are acceptable..

Has anyone got a foolproof method to use goggles with the Mavic Pro?

even solutions were you put the phone inside the goggles are acceptable..
"foolproof" is the key word. The NVIDIA SHield Tablet has HDMI out which will allow for use of a wide range of goggles

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000