DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where the heck are the goggles?

"foolproof" is the key word. The NVIDIA SHield Tablet has HDMI out which will allow for use of a wide range of goggles
I like the Shield for the same reason but the DJI Go 4 app crashes constantly even with a fresh re install and nothing else on it. Waiting for an update to correct this but yea its worth waiting, litchy is way to go meanwhile

So, there is also this option, it is a wireless 5G wifi dongle that uses Airplay to receive you IOS screen and output it to a HDMI plug, if your device has mini HDMI as most goggles do then you will a HDMI>mini hdmi adapter. This has been verified to work by another forum member, and I have one on order to test it, should be here soon and I will post results.

Yep bought that as well, little lag but works, nvidia shield other option but go4 crashes sometimes. Waiting for the dji goggles but if they are locked only to be used with dji products then its not worth it as I like to be able to use googles to watch videos as well for example planes or wife sleeping...

"foolproof" is the key word. The NVIDIA SHield Tablet has HDMI out which will allow for use of a wide range of goggles

aaah okey, now i get it.. the key-thing is that the tablet/phone needs to have a regular HDMI-out? (i guess a mini hdmi will do to -> using a adapter to regular hdmi?)

is the Nvidia Shield a good tablet? And does it come in smaller size like 8" ?

so if i got a tablet with regular hdmi / despite what brand - i can use almost every goggles on the market? even the cheap ones from ebay?
and i guess i will also be able to use the Cinemizer ones? :)

just saw that i can get the 8" Nvidia Shield K1 for about $170 include shipping - is it the best tablet for drone-purposes right now?

having in mind that i want to be able to use it with goggles further on.. don't think its worth the hassle buying a "no name" tablet from china for $100, just to save $70

just saw that i can get the 8" Nvidia Shield K1 for about $170 include shipping - is it the best tablet for drone-purposes right now?

having in mind that i want to be able to use it with goggles further on.. don't think its worth the hassle buying a "no name" tablet from china for $100, just to save $70
read all of the post regarding the Nvidia Shield....it works but crashes a lot so although it does what you want. it is by far the perfect solution. For performance and reliability the best tablet available right now is going to be the IPad mini 4 but you will not have the ability to use goggles with it.

The shield is perfectly good as long as you don't update it to android 7.0.

ah okey.. good to know :)

saw one in an add for about $1100 - but retailprice is about $1650, so i think that i will get a new one instead

also the one in the add was updated to 7.0 - i dont beleive that the new one is that though.. but if so, is it possibl to downgrade?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute