DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Android phones are stable

S7 Edge, no problems at all. Getting a GalaxyTab S2 soon for better screen size, and the system/software seems mostly the same.

Reactions: geigy
Latest software on a Samsung S5.
Not one issue with this phone - extremely reliable, large screen and only a third of the cost of some other over-priced brands..![emoji38]

I'm on your side on this. I have a Nexus 6P and it is as pure as it gets as far as Android is concerned. Crashes or bogs down every flight running Nouget. I've experimented with every technique known to man and still it'll freeze up at around the 20 min mark. Best option is to make sure recording, BT and Wifi is off and to restart the phone before a flight. Still, there's a huge memory leak or something and once the App hits that 20 min mark, it's going to lag and freeze. If the shoe fits, wear it, iOS version of DJI Go is far superior to Android. How do I know, because I've flown missions with the wife's iPhone 6S and it ran flawlessly every time. Not only flawlessly, but much faster and smoother. I was going to hold out until the iPhone 8 came out, but every time I fly the Mavic, I want to run to the Apple store.

I have a 6P running Android 7.1.2 and the DJI Go 4 app freezes. I don't blame Android as every other app I use on it is fine.

I have a 6P running Android 7.1.2 and the DJI Go 4 app freezes. I don't blame Android as every other app I use on it is fine.

Yes, I was running 7.1.2 as well. Shame, as I've had the 6P for a long time and had no interest in replacing it. But I bought an iPhone 7 Plus and flew 3 batteries with it back to back and not a single issue. Smooth all the way through and while it was doing the video cache with sound in the background. I do HPDEs with my car and I run Harry's LapTimer and this very much reminds me of that experience. I can encode videos with overlay in minutes with the iPhone what the 6P would take hours and might not even finish. I literally used to transfer the data and video over to the wife's iPhone 6s to process the overlay. What a joke. I've always run Android, used to own a lot of the Droid series as I'm on Verizon but I think I've finally wised up. iPhones for this guy from now on!!!

Thanks for your experience. Looking for Android phones and tablets that do work if we could focus on that this thread will be more useful as a reference. Thanks.

Asus Zenfone 2 laser - ZE600KL (Android 6.0.1 - Android security Patch: January 1, 2017)
Mavic and RC firmware: 01.03.0400
DJI Go 4.0.4
Works perfectly!

The phone works fine, has a nice 6" display that you can see well in the sunlight (horizontally, even with polarized glasses) and it is also inexpensive.
Fits perfectly in the RC, but you have to buy separately a 15 cm USB-Micro USB cable.

1st I tried a Lenovo z90 Vi e Shot and I had overheat issues with the phone. Now I'm using a Xiaomi MI5s plus and it is working flawless.

S7 - nougat, no issues. Decided to use my old S5 strictly for the Mavic....no issues. I turn airplane mode on, Wi-Fi off, GPS on, and close all background apps before I fly. Works great.

Today my samsung s6 edge crashed twice in 1 battery, that im afraid is not inusual. Due for an upgrade really soon and really wanted the s8 but i may begrudgingly have to go to an iphone, which i dont like.

Samsung Note 5. No crashes or issues running marshmallow or nougat. 50+ flights
I fly with a Samsung Note 5 on marshmallow. Never had a crash in over 40 flights. I'm really nervous about the upgrade to Nougat that my phone is wanting to do, so it is nice to hear at least one person upgraded and is still having no issues!

I've also flown using a Nexus 7 2nd generation tablet, although only for a few flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom