DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Android phones are stable

Samsung S7 Edge...20 flights and I have not had a clean flight yet. Video drops off at least once, sometimes twice per flight. I am wondering if there are settings I am missing on the phone to help prevent this form happening. I have even tried Airplane mode with no improvement.

Samsung S7 Edge...20 flights and I have not had a clean flight yet. Video drops off at least once, sometimes twice per flight. I am wondering if there are settings I am missing on the phone to help prevent this form happening. I have even tried Airplane mode with no improvement.
I use airplane mode on my S7&5, that turns off most stuff of course, but make sure Wi-Fi off, GPS on...but not required, and ALL background apps and most processes are closed/stopped. I had app crashes before, but not after, doing this.

If Android is running well for you - no crashes or loss of video in, say, 10 flights - please post your manufacturer and model info here. Thanks.

Acer Iconia 10.1" Tablet
Canada - Amazon.ca: acer iconia 10: Electronics
USA -Amazon.com: acer iconia 10
UK - Amazon.co.uk: Acer iconia 10.

links are courtesy of cruisingoffduty on youtube.
I use a Shield K1 tablet , I have both the LTE ver. and just the WiFi ver. both running Android 6.0.1 since January 2017 accepted all past FW and GO4 apps along with Litchi and there updates they all run solid
Till recently I have downgraded my DJI FW and software on them because of the ongoing BS and they still run solid with 80+ flights

Last edited:
Reactions: HVYMTL and jcross
I have experienced problems with DJI GO and Google Pixel 7.1.2 and Sony Z5 Compact 7.0 (32.3.A.2.33), both are in the latest software. The app just crashes EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT, no matter what kind of trick I try to use like airplane mode, restart the device before start, reinstall the app, etc.

Bought Litchi a few weeks ago and I've been using it with the Sony Z5 Compact without ANY issue, not a single crash since the first day :)

I will never use DJI GO again unless they make me to.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Note 5 nouget
FW .400
GO 4.0.7
Flawless !
FW. 400? Hadn't considered that! I have a Note 5 I reluctantly upgraded to Nougat last week and my Mavic is on .700. It had major issues with the Go app freezing, although I could still control the Mavic. I had flawless performance until the Nougat upgrade.

Now I'm having to fly with my wife's Android tablet instead.

LG G4 on Android 6 and Huawei Honor X2 on Android 5 - DJI Go works flawlessly so far, as long as I don't have Litchi installed (but that's clearly specified for LG and tested by me for Huawei).

FW. 400? Hadn't considered that! I have a Note 5 I reluctantly upgraded to Nougat last week and my Mavic is on .700. It had major issues with the Go app freezing, although I could still control the Mavic. I had flawless performance until the Nougat upgrade.

Now I'm having to fly with my wife's Android tablet instead.
There are a lot of variable's when it comes to an Android device and the GO4 app it seems to be that users of an earlier version of android (version 6.0.1 Marshmallow or below) solved many of the app issues of crashing .

There are a lot of variable's when it comes to an Android device and the GO4 app it seems to be that users of an earlier version of android (version 6.0.1 Marshmallow or below) solved many of the app issues of crashing .
Yep... which is why I was reluctant to upgrade in the first place. It had worked flawlessly for 40 flights and I hated to risk losing that! It solved some of my battery issues on my phone, though, so I'll probably just get my wife a new tablet and keep her old one for my Mavic instead of downgrading the phone back to Marshmallow. [emoji4]

LG G6 - crashes constantly - every flight a couple times. Nexus 7 (2013) Android 6.0 works flawlessly. LG G6 screen is amazing in bright sunlight - hope it eventually works.

My Pixel (Android v.7.1.2) works well with DJI GO4, Litchi, DroneDeploy, and firmware .700. I've flown missions that have consumed 3 or 4 batteries without experiencing any crashes. Only one glitch in 6 months, and that was with firmware .600 and while using a secondary remote.

Samsung S7 (v7) works fine.
I use the S7 and the app crashes every 2-4 flights...I've started to use the bottom usb port and 1 crash in last 7 flights so maybe a little more stable (I've 90 flights intotal)...I also always fly airplane mode, do not disturb and close all other apps.

For all the Android users that are reading this Thread that "experience intermitting or constant GO4 app Crashing" I recommend to downgrade your device to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system.
There are many mixed reviews on app crashing issues on Android , After reading and following hundreds of posts and experiencing this
issue myself back in December 2016 B4 downgrading was the answer to the still ongoing crashes of the Go4 app with android I am confident to say "Downgrade your Android device", you have nothing to lose and the process is reversible if your not happy
Just recently I'm reading that with the latest Go4 app v410 very few that are running Android 7 Nougat with the GO4 app have no crashing.
FlySafe-FlyFree

I think this thread is inherently flawed, as it does not yield any information?
What if person A has a device B that works flawless, but there are 100 other people who have the same device and big problems? It won't show up in this thread.
So maybe the thread initiator can create a sort of table, which is being updated regularly. Every time someone posts experiences with certain devices, the table gets updated. The columns should be: Device - Device OS + version, App version, Firmware version, # of people who have no issues, # of people who have average issues, # of people who have serious issues.

This way we would get a balanced overview of what does and what doesn't work. I feel that this is bothering a lot of users, so it might be in the interest of the forum admins to take this upon them and also send out a survey to all users to fill this in (or create a button on the forum so people can provide this information when they get new devices, do upgrades, etc). It would also add a valuable database that would draw users to this forum for information, rather than tons and tons of threads on the same subject...

Good Idea the topic of Device issues is scattered throughout the forum also on other forums too

Oneplus 3 with CM13, no problems
Boris, are you able to do these 2 things,
1) remote controller calibration
2) fly mavic with oneplus 3 via wifi (not using remote controller)

If they both work, i will consider do the cm13 mod.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851