DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Goggles?

Carl Zeiss Cinimatizer: These glasses actually motivated this unofficial, subjective review. They just broke my heart and wallet, they were so disappointing!! A huge disappointment as I read everything I could find before I purchased these. I found a forum, I do think it was a dji forum (which I can't locate at the minute) where most of what was written, voiced excellence. Were these post written for ulterior motives or goals? Anyway, they were not true in my view and I will immediately sell these on Ebay. I wore them for about 5-10 minutes tried my best to love them but, they are/were truly one of my largest disappointment purchases, thus far. I suppose DJI has now shown/taught me what true excellence for FPV video drones should be/can be/is and the video these Cinimatizer render to FPV glasses/goggles is "lackluster" at best. I can't re-locate that forum and those post at the minute but, I hope all those contemplating the Carl Zeiss cinimatizer will read this before purchasing them. A great concept and idea, they feel good on my head (I also purchased the sunshields) but, why didn't they make the picture sharper and more clear. Why couldn't they be true HD and I guess that is my problem with them. Perhaps I set them up incorrectly. Na, for get that, I know what I want and what am doing, in this case.
How did you get your zeiss cinemizer goggles to link with the Mavic? Trying to do so myself. Thanks for the help!

lol the glyphs are funny. history will not smile on them.
mavic makes no sound by the way

For $25 you can look just as silly, and have as good a VR experience as your phones screen can provide, with some
cardboards

Xiaozhai BOBOVR Z4 Virtual Reality 3D VR Box Headset Adjustable For iPhone 6/6p | eBay

Until VR goggles can bring the 4k quality of the mavic camera to your goggles slash headset, it's not worth it.
If your racing drones, thats different i guess, but for mavic that my 2 cents.

edit: the new daydream goggles look nice too.
edit 2: the daydream googles have no augmented vr so they suck
summing up again: Bobo Z4 mini's and you obviously have money to burn so get an XPERIA 4K HDR ZX premium.
Why would it be different for Mavic's? Do you really need 4k quality to navigate your mavic? I don't.

No not anything special is required. USB from bottom of controller to USB in of K1. Then HDMI out from K1 to the goggles of your choice, HDMI of course.
Hello, I'm on the fence of getting the Glyph or the DJI goggles. I like the fact that you have LOS with the Glyph goggles. Do you have all the GO4 setting on the goggles screen ? And can the Glyph be setup with an iPad mini or iPhone 7 ? Any pictures of setups and setups of the Ki with the Mavic pro and Glyph.
Thanks

Apple products always need an adapter to work w/ most products from other non apple manufacturers. The entire screen is in the Glyph display and with the K1, only HDMI cable is required. Pretty straight forward and no special set up is required other than adjusting the Glyph's Focus and fit. I am still waiting for my DJI Goggles so I can't comment on how the FPV experience compares between the two. Play it safe, buy them both is my advise.

I do believe that you'll need some sort of HDMI output in order use the Glyph, thus you'll need something like a NVIDIA Shield

Do you have all the GO4 setting on the goggles screen?
Since the Mavic remote controller does not have an HDMI output, you'll need to connect the Glyph to some type of device that has an HDMI output. When connected, you'll see a mirror image of the screen on your mobile device.

can the Glyph be setup with an iPad mini or iPhone 7?
The Glyph headset must be connected via an HDMI cable. It's easiest to use a mobile device that has an HDMI output.

Since the Mavic remote controller does not have an HDMI output, you'll need to connect the Glyph to some type of device that has an HDMI output
I have a wireless HDMI module and stream the image to the Glyph from my iPhone via AirPlay.... although there is a bit of lag.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout