DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Mavic wrap should I get?

Fotomatt1

Reactions
I've been considering putting a vinyl wrap on my mavic to give it a custom look. Just curious which ones everybody has had the best luck installing or have the best overall fit? Been looking at Dronewrap and Decal Girl. Any others I should consider? Thanks in advance!

I have heard from another post here and on the DJI forum that wraps are ok unless it's made from carbon fiber. DJI has a warning that CF wraps can interfere or something along those lines.

I have heard from another post here and on the DJI forum that wraps are ok unless it's made from carbon fiber. DJI has a warning that CF wraps can interfere or something along those lines.
Hey Rob,
I believe your referring to the type of vinyl with the metallic type of coatings. those can cause interference with GPS and the compass.
I believe only certain ones do it though. Some skins use a plastic imitation metal look that are safe to use.

Reactions: Former Member
Hey Rob,
I believe your referring to the type of vinyl with the metallic type of coatings. those can cause interference with GPS and the compass.
I believe only certain ones do it though. Some skins use a plastic imitation metal look that are safe to use.

Good catch! Yep that's exactly what I was talking about. So, when wrapping your Mavic, be careful what you wrap it with.

I sprayed mine with Plastidip just to help with visibilty, I have a cutter but didn't feel like spending so much time applying stickers

Interfere with what?

Are there any particular brands people like for the best fit / quality?
I bought a multicam skin from Decal Girl for $25. Everything fits fine and it looks cool. I've had it on for a few months and the skin hasn't peeled up or come off; still looks good.

It doesn't interfere with the GPS or RC signal that I can tell as it flies the same and goes just as far as it always has.

Attachments

• IMG_3199.JPG
    IMG_3199.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
I bought a multicam skin from Decal Girl for $25. Everything fits fine and it looks cool. I've had it on for a few months and the skin hasn't peeled up or come off; still looks good.

It doesn't interfere with the GPS or RC signal that I can tell as it flies the same and goes just as far as it always has.

Any pictures? As @Drone Master said, I think the skins that had a metallic type of coating could possibly cause interference. And we all know how sensitive our Mavic compasses are, even with a second one as redundant. Maybe the next Mavic will have 3 or 4 compasses lol

Any pictures? As @Drone Master said, I think the skins that had a metallic type of coating could possibly cause interference. And we all know how sensitive our Mavic compasses are, even with a second one as redundant. Maybe the next Mavic will have 3 or 4 compasses lol
Here's some pics. My Mavic gives no errors nor do I perceive any interference and it performs as it always has with the skin.

Attachments

• IMG_3525.JPG
    IMG_3525.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3528.JPG
    IMG_3528.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
Reactions: Award
I always throw on a mavic "magnum" cover before I fly, it's a perfect fit, and nobody's got pregnant yet!
Word to the wise, for all you noobs, don't fly unprotected.

Reactions: noimage and wayy510
Just put this wrap on my Mavic, it's the limited edition Coloration-X by dronewrap Japan.
9fdac1a00deaa433d0b1e1a9c9d01f1a.jpg

The video shows it better
Makes it easier to see in sunlight. Wonder if it'll help keep the birds away

Reactions: NinjaNut
Mine is from zapwrapz in U.K. Happy with the quality and the coverage and doesn't seem to affect flight in any way, I also like that it doesn't cover the mavic logo and gold stripes on arms
ea47a8273b6a13dd28e720a301d44ed2.jpg
3f7b7443616d06f990ef1d4baa70dcb5.jpg
4b82816d471544feddb0576b284a3601.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus