DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which one?

SnowSkier

Reactions
Hi guys.

I've been thinking to buy the Mavic and that's why I am here. But, since the new P4 Pro has arrived I have a lot of doubts, considering the new image sensor on p4Pro. I'm a photographer and also a video addicted, so I'm wondering which drone will be suitable to me, knowing that the P4Pro is much more expensive...:eek:

I know the P4Pro is better because of the sensor and all the rest but in terms of photography, does anyone already tried to take good pictures with the Mavic? Are those pics with good quality or so, so?

Is there any site where I can compare photos of both drones?

ThanksThumbswayup

There are a few comparison videos on YouTube.
If you want good quality images and video with the benefit of a compact, easy to carry option, get the Mavic.
If you want awesome images and video in a slightly more bulky transport option then the P4 Pro is the one to get.
It all down to how you intend to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You mentioned video sensor. That is a wake call to get the P4 Pro. The Mavic is a fantastic consumer device, but the P4 Pro is more higher end. I am a photographer as well, and were I in the market for a flying photography platform, I would consider the P4 Pro or even Inspire.

Reactions: MavicMo
+1 to the posts above mine.

I've got a P4 (I know you are asking about the Pro) and an Inspire as well as the Mavic. IMO, the Mavic is a compromise. Its a do-it-all, jack of all trades, master of none; from AP, to selfies, to FPV pseudo drone racer; small and portable so you can easily take it with you. The image/video quality is good enough for most people and what they use or need it for.

The P4s are Aerial Photographer platforms. Thats how they are marketed and thats what their intended use is. So you need to decide what you want or best fits your needs.

I almost went with the P4P, but having a P4, I figured adding the Mavic because of its smaller size was the right move for me...

@MavicMo has stated it perfectly...I too have both the Mavic & P4P+, but I find myself using the Mavic more often because of the convenience. Basically, take it out of my messenger bag, unfold & fly. Plus I can carry it with me on my motorcycle.

I'm also convinced that the Mavic is perfect for what I intend to do with it, meaning, Aerial video and a few shots with good weather conditions. I know there are a few issues with taking pictures against sunlight or even in a dawn situation. But because I'm also a video addicted and there is really a great convenience about the Mavic being very portable, I will probably buy it.
The price is pretty expensive but the P4P it stands with a higher price considering the RC solution.
So, the best option for me it will always be the Mavic.

Thanks again for your opinions. Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll