DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which tablet or phone is best

BikerBuster

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I use a Nomu S10 phone which I love, however, it is a bit of a bugger to fit in the RC Clamps as it is ruggedised and it only has a 5" screen

So I bought a 6" Hauwei android tablet to use specifically for this, however, it doesn't work properly i.e. no video feed,constant disconnection etc, as this is a used one I wonder if it is technologically a wee bit old for this, so, what do you use or recommend?

If you do a search for "Which phone or tablet is best" on this forum, you will find a lot of lengthy discussions on this topic.

To summarize, I believe that a newer iPad is the most reliable. An iPad Mini fits in the RC controller perfectly. I've tried several options and now use the iPad Mini 4 exclusively. You can find one new for about $300 if you look around on the Internet.

Reactions: BikerBuster
I did try a search and got nowt, I will try again, I must say though I am NOT buying an ipad just for this.

UPDATE: Just found t'other thread. Ta!

Last edited:
I have now read through several threads on this however, the info isn't very concise there are dozens of posts in between each nugget of info.

I am trying to find a device that will fit within the clamps; offer the biggest screen within this confine; and cost less than £80 ($100). I have already chucked a ton of money at this and do not wish to continue doing so.

'Tis proving to be a bugger of a challenge.

Reactions: Pat Wallace
Here's the deal.i have been a android fan boy since cupcake and still have a note4. If you want to have total control over your mavic get the ipad mini 4.
I just picked one up 5 days ago and love it!! it's like having a new aircraft. I can't believe how sketchy it really was flying with android, firmware upgrades
were starting to become a nightmare and having to remember to turn things on in a certain order is a thing of the past!! Bite the bullet and get one you will
be glad you did. It took me nearly a year to come over to the dark side lol. It's quite obvious that DJI designed their software around the ios platform. Oh by the way
Best Buy have them on sale now you can get the 128 gig one for the price of a 32.

Nah, can't justify £300+ and it doesn't fit in the clamp.

Oh, right okay, I went off the sizes posted for the Mini and the posted clamp sizes from DJI.

Thanks for that.Thumbswayup

I use an LG something €130 but has only got 720 screen I also have a xioami note 4 with 3 gig of ram 64 g hard drive and prefer to use this as it has a 1080 HD screen. Cost €220 but its away having its screen repaired it developed some white bubbles in the screen.
I use both in goggles with Litchi and the VR program the other way I can't see them clearly as its so sunny here in Spain ;-] I keep goapp in separate part of phone as litchi doesn't work if its in the same part of phone.

Do u have any information if Huawei P 10 is ok for Mavic Pro ?
Looking that p 9 lite is ok I have to suppose that p 10 - more powerful- should be ok too but i just ask .

A second question: situation about K1 NVIDIA shield and Mavic...i read a lot of problems and I already use with my P3 adv and I m very happy.

Thank u for ur answers from a new owner of Mavic

Do u have any information if Huawei P 10 is ok for Mavic Pro ?
Looking that p 9 lite is ok I have to suppose that p 10 - more powerful- should be ok too but i just ask .

A second question: situation about K1 NVIDIA shield and Mavic...i read a lot of problems and I already use with my P3 adv and I m very happy.

Thank u for ur answers from a new owner of Mavic
There are a couple of problems with an 'is the Huawei P10 ok' for the Mavic Pro question....

1) You will see further up in the responses someone says they use a Samsung S7 edge with 'no problems'. I have an S7 Edge and it was nothing but problems (so eventually bought an ipad mini 4 - yuck) So you can get different experiences from the same phone.

2) You say the P9 Lite is 'ok', so you imagine a more powerful P 10 will be fine. BUT it seems that a fair proportion of the problems with Android and Mavic are tied to the latest Nougat version of Android. So buying the latest/greatest version of an Android smartphone doesnt necessarily help.

Hi everybody.

Any idea if an ASUS Zen Pad 3 would work with the Mavic Pro? It seems to be a good price/performance tablet.

Thanks

Finally Android 7.0! I’m very excited about the good news. My S10
accompanies me for a long time. And I love it very much. Now I can’t
wait to flash it to the upgraded version. I believe it will perform better.

Is that the NOMU S10? I have one of those and it is pretty good. Works well with the mavic, however, I would like a bigger screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada